Vegetarian Arrogance

I’ve occasionally come accross people who think that vegetarians and vegans are arrogant and selfish - this is usually because they do not know much about vegetarianism themselves. For example, chefs and caterers who have only been trained to prepare meat dishes (and, in some cases, consider vegetarian food to be beneath them!) or who don’t run rigorously clean kitchens or cook from scratch - so it embarrasses them when you ask if there’s any dairy in the food :slight_smile:

I once lived with someone who wouldn’t eat off cutlery or crockery that had been used to eat meat with, even if it was clean! She was a lovely, caring person, and quite genuinely just did not like the idea of meat having been on her crockery. But other people always thought she was very unreasonable and arrogant - she would rarely eat out socially, and went spare if someone borrowed a fork or something! I guess we’re all different…

She was? what happened to her?
Actually I’m like this :tongue2: I mean lovely and caring
:smiley: kidding… I have this thing, I don’t like to see flesh on crockery at my home, and in my fridge. There have never been, I know it’s a stupid thing in a way, but I just don’t like it. That is what my girlfriend couldn’t understand. She was seeing it as paranoia, and she saw me eating from plates at my friend’s house which isn’t veg. She thought it’s not fair toward her. So eventually we separated.
And the truth is that I just wanted deep inside for her to become a veg sooner. Didn’t work - patience is a virtue after all.

She married a zoologist who believed eating meat was justified because animals have a different nervous system :laughing: I wonder what mealtimes at their house is like… :violent1:

Yeah, I feel a bit :tongue2: I got bad hormones again… :smiley: I can cope with meat having been on my crockery, so long as it’s been cleaned. I know what you mean about the fridge though - my fridge always seems to smell of sausages :frowning: I’ve bleached it and put lemons in there… Sorry to hear about the girlfriend - that must have been hard. I’m lucky to be surrounded by some relatively understanding people!

Is this a true story? I also wonder…

Carnivores are arrogant. Most of them have absolutely no compassion or empathy if you are medically required to eat vegan (which is my case).

They care not a whit that you can’t sit with them and have a bacon cheeseburger. They think a salad and crackers is all you need. Beans? The only beans they ever eat are canned, which explains why they hate beans.

Well, I often find carnivores to feel theatened by vegan/ vegetarianism. However, many are, indeed, quite tolerant. For myself, I truly don’t care if some one is a carnivore. Each to their own. I also refuse to be a vegan evangelist. What I do find very annoying is when vegans and vegetarians are ‘facist’, if you will. I have come across total intolerance on the behalf of vegans, most especially. I am thinking of a band bbs I used to frequent, and have left because of this and other reasons. I have a friend who has been a long time vegan, and like me, he has zero tolerance for people who are… Intolerant, lol. :alien:

Indeed. Wise words, grandma!

. :iroc:

And yet carnivores seem to do exactly that all the time. If they aren’t extolling the virtues of eating animal flesh, it’s usually because they’re too busy sticking their noses in the air, regarding vegan food choice.

You’re so smug. We vegans have to tolerate the most ignorant, non-empathetic, non-accommodating restaurants and eating companions on a daily basis. “Force their opinions?” Yes, indeed, we will do so because of your ignorance and intolerance.

:cherry: :bom:

Is it arrogant to convince others of a healthy eating?

:withstupid: :knob:

I have to agree and disagree with wude. :slight_smile:
I agree that there are indeed many vegans and vegetarians that would benefit from researching some nutritional facts more in depth. I have met many vegetarians that think stuff like - “eggplant has a lot of proteins” only because it is called EGGplant.

Or that think that EVERYTHING natural is less harmful than processed or synthetic which is simply not true.

What I disagree on is that I am never 100% sure about something, and I don’t see how one can be. In most of the cases I have to trust some authority, scientists for example that made the research and draw the conclusions. But I can not be 100% sure that the research was accurate and that the conclusion was logical.

No, not at all!

Were slave liberators percieved as being “arrogant”?
(Yes they were by some, soe does that make wrong to be the way they were?)

It is the “pawn chip” of the ignorant to draft up calls of “arrogance” or “elitist” upon those who threaten their faulty lifetyle…

All we are after is to share with them a healthy diet… :smiley:

I always believe that the non-vege are much more arrogant then the vegan,because they like to harm people as they do with the animals,they kill a animal just to make there food tasty.I hate the people who are killing the innocent animals for eating them.

Clenbuterol

absolutely! Anyone can. It has nothing to do with ones life style. It has to do with your character.

I don’t think I come off as arrogant, but I do come across as judgmental of omnis and vegetarians, and that’s because I do judge them (with exceptions, like children). I judge people for making choices that result in the confinement, torture, and exploitation of other sentient beings. I don’t believe that this is a matter of personal choice, but a moral imperative each of us must meet. There’s a right choice, and a wrong choice, and I judge people when they make the wrong choice.

no. the short and easy answer is that most people are blinkered, self-centered egocentric idiots/dronomatic malcontents, and don’t have the compassion or intelligence to know the difference between right and wrong, and live their entire life in a delusional dream. they don’t have a single clue about how the realworld around them really works. most worship the green god and nothing else. quite sad. :toothy2: