You Are What You Eat

Gillian Mckeith is the publisher of the excellent book ‘You Are What You Eat’ - you’re sure to have heard of it becuase she’s sold millions of copies - and she’s a vegan herself. I’ve been following the advice in this book for the past two months now (I’ve tried it several times before but gave up because I hadn’t set myself a goal and ended up falling into my old habits again) but by the end of the two months I had lost a STONE. I am now 9 stone 1.
If anyone would liek to know what exercises I did to get here please continue, otherwise you’ll have to put up with my waffle:

My exercise consists of bending and stretching twice a day (ham-string stretches, push-ups, sit-ups/crunches, the Cobra position, etc) - that’s half an hour altogether.
Brisk walking for an hour OR
Cycling (I have an exercise bike) vigerously from anything between 16 to 26 mph) for an hour, or an hour and a half.

Of course, from the beginning I had to build up to this level of fitness, so please no one rush and hurt yourselves if you’re unused to it: I started by walking briskly for an hour, and I encourage everybody to read this book. The only meat she suggests you eat is fish but you truly don’t have to.
Hope someone finds this info useful and er … sorry if I sound like I’ve been gloating 'cause I’m THAT proud of my achievement! Thank you!

i definitely agree with you
your whole health depends on what you eat
so alwats eat healthy and then be wealthy as it is rightly said your health is your best wealth

I am dependent of food, but I don’t like that, no matter what food. Ideally I would like to be able to live without having to eat anything. Does it mean I am nothing? :slight_smile:

Most vegans too often forget about doing exercises and it’s a critical thing to do to be healthy.

Or stop doing them for another reason :slight_smile:

Yes, the saying you are what you eat is really true, but eating is not the only thing which affect your health but also some exercises…