- You need to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Vegetable fat is always better for you than animal fat.
- No food causes acne.
- Milk products don’t contain drug residues.
- The less fat you eat the better.
- You need a lot of protein to build muscles.
- Chocolate milk is junk food.
- Fruits and vegetables are not healthful if they contain pesticide residues.
- The iron in meat is better absorbed than the iron in vegetables.
- Calcium is the only nutrient you need for healthy bones.
- Eggs are bad for your cholesterol.
- People who are lactose intolerant can still eat milk products.
- Broccoli is not a great source of calcium.
- Butter has no more calories and fat than margarine.
- Eating vegetarian is always healthier.
- Frozen vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh.
- Milk products are fattening.
- Eat fat-free foods and you won’t gain weight.
These are my opinions.
In theory fruits, vegetables, juices and other foods also contain water. So it’s not really necessary in the sense that you will not die if you don’t drink 8 glasses of water per day. But I have noticed that when I drink 2 liters of water per day I feel much better and my skin looks healthier.
not always, processed vegetable fats like trans fats in margarine are even worse than animal fats. Also the modern theories says that if you don’t have the balance of omega6 and omega 3 it’s bad.
Not always. If you eat junk food, over processed food, over fried food it is not at all healthier. One should eat a lot of organic fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes as well as various fresh grasses and leafy vegetables to be healthy.
Vegitables soup is very healthy food and it is perfect to get a smooth, firm and beautiful skin.
This soup also decrease the wrinkles.
To get started, boil a vegitable and add black pepper and salt. It will be a simple vegitable soup.
- It depends on weight, how much person sweat and how much fresh fruits and vegetables he eat.
- Protein helps to build musles. So this is true.
- This one is also true.
- This is not true because we also need magnesium, boron and vitamin D.
- This is definately true.
I think everything else depends on situation.
Hi Evut! I was just about to reply to your ‘Hello’ post but it doesn’t exist any more. So Hello! I had a bit of a rant at the botox post ;p
CoolBuddy - do you recommend any vegetables in particular? My veg soups always go a bit wrong…
American dairy products are controversial in the EU because there are concerns that steroids and anti-biotics (given to the cattle) are present.
FALSE! Fats should be eaten in moderation. People who cut out all fat complain of dry skin and hair, joint problems, and there is a possible link to depression. We all know that we need our omega-oils!
Hmm, true to a point, but you also need to exercise correctly. Pick up any fitness magazine and you will know that carbohydrates are also needed, and muscle growth is increased by stimulating Human Growth Hormone (HGH).
True. Nestle were made to pull their advert for those chocolate milk straw things, despite claiming they were a way of getting children to drink milk and were therefore healthy.
The government is now saying that eggs are not as bad as previously thought But can we believe them?!
You can buy cows’ milk with the lactose removed: I think it’s called “Lactofree.” Goats’ milk was always recommended for people with lactose intolerance, because it is lower in lactose.
I know vegetarians who don’t like vegetables! They eat mainly chips and fried products! They aren’t particularly healthy: they don’t get the right viatmins/minerals, they get too much hydrogenated fat, and they are over- or under-weight. Some of them think they don’t need to exercise!
Milk products contain a certain amount of protein and fat which can help fill you up: a number of popular diet plans therefore condone eating dairy. There is now a wide array of low-fat and fat-free dairy products available. Food scientists will tell you that these skim and low fat products are pretty unpleasant, though…
I am living proof that this is false!!! You can still over-indulge on carbohydrates. In fact, if you don’t eat enough fat you can cause health problems and your appetite can increase. It is important that vegetarians and vegans make an effort to include healthy oils/fats in their diet.
About 18. I know one tric. carbohydrates and fats gives us energy but proteins is needed not for energy for our body and it still keep us not hungry. So we need to eat protein rich food in the evening and all fats in a day time. If we will eat fats in the evening thouse fats will become body fats. Because we won’t have time to excersise and burn thouse calories.
I am also kinda confused which is a fact and which is a fiction… I am doing a research about that… Hope I can answer this questions… But as of this point, I think number 1 is a fact… Isn’t it?
OMG, I have proven myself wrong