What makes us human?

I think that what separates us from other animals is that we experience a variety of feelings and emotions but we are rational enough (well, at least most of us are) to think before we act upon our emotions.

What makes us human is that we have emotions much higher than any other living beings and animals here on earth. We are cognitive and we have created things that other beings have not done.

animals also feel pain, sadness, loneliness and emotions.

But for most people it’s difficult to think of animals as of somebody with feelings.

Well! this is not the answer one the topic here that what makes us human?

Our imagination and empathy with others.

Our intellect and our consciousness.
The ability to dream, and to remember our dreams when we awake.

what makes us human is how we act as a person…
we are all human but it is hard to act like one…
being human shows in our attitude…
let’s all be human in our own way…

Penningtons Coupon

For me being human is by the heart for feeling and by the mind for understanding… Just simple but I know that this will take me wherever or whenever I want to go…

You are right , feeling and interacting with others should be a good human attitude , and most of us miss this point.

Good question

Aside from that what else? if isn’t enough?

this is the great thread and nice discussion forum for debate .“human” this is make great thinking high thinking and denote high thoughts . i think nice and gentle and caring nature make us human .fist to be human are believe in self . human are not only think inself but also in animals .so that’s called human otherwise we all are animals.

orlando suites

Our thinking have to be always positive to other people. Rich people have to help for poor people, this kind of character makes you as great human being.

human as in humane. as in compassionate. that’s basically what i meant when i used the term. but also the contradictions inherent in real life when it comes to compassionate choices.

What makes us human is that we are the only ones burying our dead.

It’s true that animals have feeling but I’ve never felt that… :confused:

humans can breed with each others…reproduction that is… 8)

and of course…FIRE…ability to use, keep and make fire

Remember the song from the Disney movie “Jungle book”

…Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You’ll see it’s true
An ape like me
Can learn to be human too

Gee, cousin Louie
You’re doin’ real good

Now here’s your part of the deal, cuz