Vegan cult? is anybody here part of it?

i heard from this new crazy cult from a friend of mine and we both agree that it’s just insane what is going on. its a bunch of vegans trying to spread there veganism by brainwashing people into a frigging religion. They say even einstein believed in there religion but einstein was not even vegetarian from what i know lol. They say you have to believe in logic and that god is logic and always do logical stuff and suppress your emotions. i don’t argue against logic but i think veganism is a lot about compassion and love. I think they just USE veganism to spread there cult to make money.
i just want to know if anybody of you guys is part of this b******t and what is this all about? because more and more people are joining them in their “gaming house” in germany. and after they put out their brainwash documentary even people on my facebook start sharing it.
youtube.com/watch?v=SXDw73rToPE
i, as a vegan, distance myself from this. thats for sure.

Thanx for sharing this video, jasminbu. I just watched it. It’s very slick, isn’t it? I think I’ll distance myself from whatever this is too. – :astonished:

There is NO proof whatsoever that Einstein believed in any of this nonsense. This group seems to like to skew the facts in order to suit their own agenda. Einstein, himself, was not that arrogant. Here’s what he said in 1945:

“The release of atomic power has changed everything except our way of thinking… the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.”

Science cannot fix humanity’s morality problems. It seems, to me at least, that Einstein thought so too.

The video that jasminbu has shared is also riddled with inaccuracies. Here’s the one that bugs me the most. The group’s premise that science is responsible for making it so that there are less people starving in the world today is poppycock. Although some scientific innovations, like refrigeration, are a good thing, the fact remains other innovations, like the ones involving genetically modified seeds (preferred by Big Ag), are actually making more people go hungry. Many simply lack the purchasing power that is often necessary when it comes to procuring food. The planet is more than capable of producing enough food for everyone. There is NO food shortage at the present time.

“Nature shrinks as capital grows. The growth of the market cannot solve the very crises it creates.” – Dr. Vandana Shiva

Nature provides the food that we eat. Science, alone, has never provided it.

In the last 100 years, 75% of the globe’s biodiversity has become extinct. Check out: seeds.ca
We can’t blame nature for that, but we can blame man’s intervention with nature for a lot of it; science included. Big Ag’s mono-culture farms, for example, do nature no favors because nature depends on diversity for its very survival. Diversity ensures that some species will survive whatever challenges may come their way (i.e. – climate change, disease, drought, etc., etc.)

“You’re not an Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. It is good to remember that the planet is carrying you.” – Dr. Vandana Shiva

(The group, featured in that video, would do good to remember that too.)

Here’s an organization based in the US that’s concerned with maintaining biodiversity.

Check out: www.seedsavers.org

Science may be logical, but is it moral?

“The abuse of the Earth IS the ecological crises.” – Dr. Vandana Shiva

Modern agricultural tools are based on science.
Before those tools people would use animals for hard labor in the field.
So dismissing science is not wise imho.