Vegan Cigarettes not Tested on Animals

I just submitted a Freedom of Information Act request regarding this issue. I was curious to know what animal by-products were commonly found in cigarettes and how they were obtained. I just received the information yesterday but I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. I will let you know what (if any) helpful information is there that may indicate other brands of vegan cigarettes.

Good luck with quitting and saving some money to donate to animals :slight_smile:

So I just looked over the list of ingredients commonly found in cigarettes (which was 73 pages long) and castoreum is one of the products listed. I have yet to find out how it is obtained etc but that is my next goal. I did however, contact the American Spirit company to inquire whether this was the case with their cigarettes (just to be sure) and they assured me that they are vegan- 100% tobacco and none of the additives that the other cigarettes have. If anyone is interested in seeing the ingredients list just let me know and I will email it to you.

As for Australia though, I haven’t found anything yet but I will keep looking out for some other vegan cigarette options that may be easier for you to come by.

Hi. 8)
I wonder if anyone has any updated information on this topic.

Also, I am interested in that 73-page list of additives.
Is there any cost to file the FIA request or to receive the list? (ironic question, I know)
Does the list specify which ingredients are in which brands?

Do we know whether those additives are only in cigarettes (pre-made) or if they are in tobacco (roll-your-own) as well?

Thanks so much for the information.

Cigarettes manufactured by “von Eicken” are NOT tested on animals, the following info comes straight from their website:-

“In order to manufacture our products as safely as possible, we have a sophisticated quality management system. We do not practice animal testing of any sort as we believe that all responsible users are aware of the risks of our products and that further studies with the use of animal testing are neither necessary nor responsible.”

One of their brands, “Manitou” uses only organic tobacco.
This company also supplies the budget brands which Coles (major supermarket chain in Australia) has been selling since 2010. These include “Deal”, “Tradition”, etc.
The manufacturer of these packs is clearly labelled as “von Eicken” (and made for Richland Express)

Here is a story about these cheap Australian ciggies:-
tinyurl(DOT)com(SLASH)d4zy6k9

I’m a little confused as to why people are saying that smoking cigarettes are not bad for the environment and I guess with the exception to the cigarette company named above ^^ most do test on animals. I found this website which breaks down exactly what harm they do.

Warning: it does describe some animal abuse- i.e testing, and shows a few pictures. But it is useful

Also I guess I can’t post the website just yet but if you google radical vegans and cigarette smoking you should be able to find the one Im talking about.

I’m vegan and I smoke to, made some research and I only found 2 vegan brands: American free spirit and Winston, I never heard about the first one where I live, but the second is pretty common.
For those who are attacking, smoking is very hard to quit, I don’t think I ever thought about doing it but ppl eho try to quit fail a lot.
So yeah, smoking is bad, we all know. We are just trying to make it a little “better” for the animals. Thats it :slight_smile:

A lot of people, these days, are saying, that when it comes to mitigating a nicotine addiction, it is healthier to vape than to smoke cigs.

Check out: youtube.com/watch?v=B2myg-4zkE8

Hey! It’s better to get rid of this addict than looking for a vegan cigarretes. It’s your choice, of course, but i suppose it’s better to eat some food than smoke your light. I use some of these delivery services to eat some tasty thing