Ingredients:
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup canola margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs (Ener-G Egg Replacer works best, but you can also mix together 2 tsp. cornstarch and 1/4 cup water)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and egg replacer mixture. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix. Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes approximately 40 cookies.

:sunglasses:

Where can you get vegan chocolate chips?

I’m also interested in it. But I’m more interested in making them at home. Does anybody know how?

i’ve never seen any, but one of the local stores here sells carob chips. They are vegan. Don’t know how to make them either.

Sunspire makes vegan chocolate chips! Sillys!

Are dark chocolate chips vegan? I have a hard time looking for vegan chocolate chips here.

Your recipe is delicious! Would you like to post your recipes at VeganWiz?
I’m sure they will win a great success!
If you’re interested please contact me at info@veganwiz.com

One would think that dark chocolate would not contain dairy by default. Most chocolate chips are semi sweet dark chocolate.

meaning, vegan chocolate chips are hard to find???

One would think that dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips would be vegan… However, most of them contain milk fat in addition to processed sugar. Whole Foods’ store brand (“365”, I think?) vegan chocolate chips are ah-mazing! I love them, they are sooo delectable. Also, small health food stores may carry them, if they carry other vegan items; if your health food store does not carry vegan chocolate, they may be able to order it for you. :wink:

Aren’t ghirardelli dark chocolate chips vegan? We have been using them in cookies after studying the ingredient list. Taste wonderful

wow!!Your recipe is delicious!
thanks for share that with us
and please keep it up.

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cookies will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.