Un-Beef Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

1 bunch fresh cilantro
1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
6 cloves fresh garlic
1 package seitan (wheat gluten)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon ground ginger (fresh if possible)
1/2 cup sesame oil
1 can coconut milk
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vegan sugar in the raw
1 lime
Directions:
It’s good to marinade your seitan the night before you prepare this meal. For the marinade- Take 3 cloves of garlic, crush and mince. Finely chop cilantro. Mix garlic, liquid aminos, 1/2 chopped cilantro, water and 1 teaspoon of ginger. Cut seitan into small chunks then add to mixture and chill.

O.k. it’s the day of the meal. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet, and add drained seitan. Fry until slightly crispy, set aside and allow to cool slightly.

The Sauce- Crush and mince remaining garlic. Mix peanut butter, ginger, garlic, remaining cilantro, coconut milk, cayenne pepper, sugar, juice from half a lime. Mix well and simmer. After stirring for 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat.

AND FINALLY. Now it is time to skewer your seitan. Skewer as you will, as many as makes sense. When I served this dish in my restaurant, I served it with coconut jasmine rice with a little bit of ginger. Feel free to be liberal with your fresh herbs. So, serve as an Entree over rice with the peanut dipping sauce or as an appetizer without the rice. Bon appetit!

Serves: 4 or 5

Preparation time: 20 min.