Traveling in Asia.

Hey Y’all!

I am a traveler I stay in countries for about a year at a time and I am a vegetarian and soon to be [font=Impact]vegan[/font]. I am a teen also!

I am in HK at this time and i am so overwhelmed :cry: I cant read most of the labels since they are in Chinese. Do you guys have any tips for traveling in non English speaking countries and being a vegan.

Please Help me ASAP.

Thank you xx :smiley:

I’m a vegetarian with experience, I was in Tokyo recently, I bought tickets https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/new-york-tokyo they have a huge discount on them. In Tokyo, I really liked that in some areas there are places where you can buy a lot of vegetarian dishes and eat the most incredible sweets. For example, in the coffee house Blue Bottle

Hi! You might want to check out the vegtravelbuddies site @ http://www.vegtravelbuddies.com. It connects vegetarian and vegan travelers. You can use their search option to find other veg travelers heading to the same destination around the same time as you and you can even meet veg locals too! Hope this helps.

I’m traveling to Dubai in Sep 25th and I have plans to stay there till next year, I know Dubai is quite expensive for until you’re the company is not providing you accommodation. but in my case, I don’t have accommodation. Can I get someone s shared a room with someone or I just have to book a one-bedroom apartment for me? which I’m looking at this moment. dubairent.com/1-bedroom-apa … t-in-dubai but it’s still quite expensive for me and basically I just want a shared room.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I know this is late, but commenting in case other vegans are searching for the same topic! I live in Tokyo, and I definitely know the struggle of being vegan here… I (barely) survived on konbini riceballs and edamame during my first few weeks here, but while in Japan I obviously want to enjoy its incredible food culture without having to worry about the inclusion of dashi or fish powder or other animal products, which can be a challenge… It’s totally possible though with the right research and preparations.

I think it’s also worth checking out airKitchen if you’re vegan and planning a trip to Japan. It’s basically Airbnb but for cooking classes in Japan for foreigners/travelers. You learn how to cook Japanese dishes from Japanese hosts in their homes, and there are a ton of veg-friendly cooking classes in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto… so not only do you learn how to make vegan sushi, ramen, bento, or whatever else you’re interested in, but you get this rare opportunity to visit a local’s home and share this intimate cultural exchange experience with your host! Being vegan shouldn’t mean missing out on Japan’s incredible food culture. They also have classes in Thailand.

I tried out this Shojin ryori for vegans and vegetarians with Tempura class recently and it was amazing. Highly recommend for veg folks traveling in Japan!