* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
* 1/4 cup shortening, chilled
* 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
* 2 tablespoons soy milk 

Directions:

Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218.3 degrees Celsius). Sift the flour, baking powder, allspice, cloves and salt in a large bowl. Use the tips of your fingers to blend in the brown sugar.

Cut in the chilled butter and shortening with a pastry cutter or pulse in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse, crumbly meal. Then, stir in the mashed sweet potatoes and knead until the dough just holds together.

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently for 1 minute, adding a little flour as necessary to incorporate all the ingredients.

Pat the dough in a 1/2-inch (1.27-cetimeter) circle and let it rest, covered with a clean towel, for 10 to 15 minutes.

Cut out the biscuits with a 2-inch (5.08-centimeter) round cutter dipped in flour. Gather the scraps, pat out again and cut into biscuits. Arrange them about 3/4 of an inch (1.905 centimeters) apart on an ungreased baking sheet and brush the tops with milk. Bake until golden brown – 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the biscuits on a rack.

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this biscuits will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.