8 oz (225g) smoked tofu
4 oz (115g) field mushrooms, diced
small onion, finely diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed a bit with your fingers
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry or red wine
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Crumble the tofu into a small bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushroom and rosemary, and sauté the mixture an additional 2-3 minutes then add the tofu.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.
Transfer the pate to small dish or crock, cover, and chill for 1-2 hours to allow the flavours to blend. Serve the pate on baguette slices.