Royal Icing Substitute

INGREDIENTS

o 1 cup raw cane sugar
      o 1 and bit t cornstarch
      o Rice milk, lemon juice, or your choice of liquid 

METHOD
Take about a cup of raw cane sugar and pop it into the blender with a little cornstarch (a little more than a teaspoon) to make it into powdered sugar – blend until it’s as fine as you want it – then use a little rice milk or lemon juice (or whatever liquid you like) to make whatever consistancy you need.

Sometimes I add vanila or lemon zest or ginger or cardamom depending on what’s getting iced.

NOTES
The name of this recipe has been changed to substitute, as I recently received an email from a cake studio suggesting that this recipe being the same as royal icing could be misleading. Apologies for misleading anyone! All the alternative recipes for non-vegan things on this site are simply meant as substitutes. ie. meat recipes are obviously not for meat.

‘This does not act like royal icing or even taste like or resemble it in texture. Royal icing isn’t a flavor; it’s more of a function. It’s expected to act as a hard glue.’ - advice from a professional cake person!

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cake will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.