1 medium pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced into chunks
3‑Feb potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chunks
2 onions, cut into wedges, leaving the root intact
2 turnips, peeled and cut into wedges
2 beets, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp of cumin seed
1/4 cup of extra virgin oil
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 tbsp of brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Prepare beets, protecting your hands and cutting board as best you can as beets will bleed and stain just about everything that they touch.
- Now spread the vegetables on a roasting pan.
- Place the beets separately from the other vegetables on parchment paper so they do not stain the other vegetables.
- Combine garlic, cumin seed, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and pepper.
- Pour this mixture on the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Season everything with salt.
- Bake at 400° F for 25-35 minutes or until tender and golden brown.