1 cup long-grain brown rice
- ¼ cup wild rice
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 Tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/8 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/8 cup raisins
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- You can cook the brown and wild rice together. Rinse the rice with water, drain, add 2 cups water for every 1 cup rice. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt in the water, bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes, then turn down to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Rice is fully cooked when it is dry and fluffy. Do not stir the rice while it is cooking.
- Make the dressing and chop the vegetables while the rice cooks. The dressing is simply apple juice and soy sauce. Try another fruit juice if you prefer – I might be tempted to try pineapple juice with a little bit of chopped pineapple in the salad.
- Toss everything together, along with some fresh chopped parsley
Cranberry Rice Salad Recipe
* 1 cup uncooked long grain rice * 3/4 cup dried cranberries * 2 green onions, sliced * 2 tablespoons sugar * 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion * 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds * 1/8 teaspoon paprika * 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar * 1 tablespoon cider vinegar * 2 tablespoons canola oil * 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
* Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions. * In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the almonds. Yield: 5 servings.
this is a very testy salad. but without sesame, fennel and dill powder is not perfect test.
Wow, it really tastes delicious. The ingredient listed here are pretty cool and it can actually add a wondrous flavour to this yummy salad dish. More than vinegar, I prefer to add some filament or little fresh lime juice drops. That makes me wow and crazy for salad. Apart from these even if you for vege- salads or chicken salad prefer olive oil some time rather than any other kind of oil. It is beneficial to the health.