Quit Smoking Tobacco

If you decide to quit smoking in the same manner as I did, then it is important to remember not to hurry it along. The idea is to succeed at quitting smoking. It is not a race.

When you’re on the patch, you’re not inhaling any of the harmful tar and toxins that cigarettes have in them. That’s a good thing. Also, when you’re trying a lower dose and you’re having trouble adhering to that level of nicotine intake, then just go back to the amount you were taking just before that for a while longer. Remember, you’re in no hurry. You’re already not smoking.

1 Like

If you happen to fail trying to quit smoking in the way that I’ve suggested, then no harm has been done. At least, you’ve cleaned out your lungs a bit and you can always try again in the future. I, myself, tried quitting smoking umpteen times before I was finally practiced enough to actually go all the way and quit for good. Never give up trying to quit smoking. For most of us, it does take practice.

1 Like

Many years ago, back when I quit smoking, there was a blurb on boxes of NicoDerm that claimed that their’s was the only patch that could release nicotine into your body at steady intervals all through the day (or something like that). I can’t vouch for what the blurb claims, however, I can tell you that I was able to successfully kick the habit by using NicoDerm too, BloodyHell.

My appetite for something to munch on increased enormously after I quit smoking and I developed quite a sweet tooth back then as well. I can remember devouring whole bags of candy in just one day. Of course, I gained a lot of weight as a result of eating so much. I gained about 50 lbs. during the first year alone and then even more lbs. in the years that followed. Eventually, I was able to lose most of this excess weight by later adhering to a strict no bread/no sugar diet.

Although I liken my first year and a half without smokes to be like spending time in Hell, it was so worth it for me. I feel like my life today has also improved by leaps and bounds, BloodyHell.

I developed quite a sweet tooth shortly after I quit smoking too. I was able to keep it under control somewhat by adding a generous splash of maple syrup to my cereal at breakfast each morning and by adding honey to the many peanut butter sandwiches that I ate back then. In the evening, I’d often snack on dates if I had them. Dates are naturally sweet and they’re also very good for you.

You might like watermelon as a healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth when you are kicking the habit. Watermelon contains very few calories. It’s just a suggestion. I, myself, have never smoked cigarettes.

You can start some healthy vaping which can help you to quit smoking.