[size=150]Green Health Drinks[/size]
Green health drinks vary a great deal, from thick juices made from organic sprouts and added nutrients, to thin, watery substances that come in convenient single serving bottles. There are powdered mixes, shakes, and even frozen concentrates available.
Most of these drinks claim to be a substitute for five to ten servings of vegetables and fruits. Some of them offer extra calories, added fiber, or even “energy” in the form of natural stimulants. They have become extremely popular with the diet and fitness crowd.
Pros of Green Drinks
Some of the positive aspects of green health drinks include:
* An easy way to get several servings of fruits and vegetables.
* They can be convenient and portable.
* Additions of fiber and calcium offer added value.
* They are a good way to get a wide array of vitamins and minerals from a variety of different vegetables in a single serving.
* Some forms of these drinks can store well and last longer than fresh veggies.
Cons of Green Drinks
Health drinks do have their downside. Here are some cons of green drinks:
* They often taste grassy or otherwise unpleasant.
* They can be thick and difficult to swallow.
* Many don’t have the fiber that raw vegetables offer.
* They are usually expensive.
* They are not as filling as “real” food would be.
* You have to read labels carefully to be sure of the ingredients and where they come from.