prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?

In a simple analysis, we don’t have to eat animals except in exceedingly minority instances of subsistence. We CHOOSE to exploit animals for food.

It’s likely that obligate carnivores don’t make moral decisions. Wild carnivores are driven by instinct, but humans aren’t. We’re making a choice. That means that the question of the ethics of that become relevant.

oh please. a very small percentage of animals are predators and carnivores, that is a convenient piece of “cornfed” remote propaganda. :tongue1:

In two sentences: There are just under 7 Billion human beings on the planet. Do you want them to starve?

We could feed them much better if we fed them vegetables and grains. Factory farms here do not benefit the parts of the world where over half the population is. :slight_smile:

Well sure but until you invent a magic want which removes all of the existing meat based food infrastructure and replace it with veggy based food infrastructure there isn’t even much point discussing this. If you want real change you have to think in the real world.

that is absolutely not true. only a very small percentage of animal species are predators that hunt and kill other animals. :unamused:

2011 World Hunger and Poverty Facts and Statistics
breadfortheworld - global hunger
at least 10% of the worlds population is already starving, even more are considered to be malnourished.

So why would you deprive them of a readily available source of importable food.

(I only say importable because most third world countries don’t have thriving meat industries of their own)

ZOMG! what a macaroon. adam i am not depriving anyone of anything. :bs:

youtube.com/watch?v=yys7RKlnqQ8

youtube.com/watch?v=0U7w92UW52E

So by taking away meat (theoretically of course) from third world countries you aren’t depriving them of anything…

Riiiiiiiiiiight

Also, a macaroon is a small confectionery, as sweet as I am I don’t think it’s an apt description for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=yys7RKlnqQ8

Veggies aren’t green either (excuse the pun).

youtube.com/watch?v=Hc7whecqvw8

I wonder what runs those machines?

Nope it is part of the food chain and survival. nothing wrong with that!

However, humans dont know better and would rather torture an animal just for food. :angry: humans are vindictive!!

No we’re not, we’re hungry. We’re a very hungry bunch and meat is a readily availible and efficient source of food. We kill animals in much more humane ways than animals kill eachother so out of all the omivorous species we’re probably the least vindictive.

Absolutely you cannot change things over night. But it is even worse to think too hard won’t try in my view. By default many people will look for other food sources outside of meat due to environment issues, health issues as well as simple awareness. Sadly, as is it is right now, this very day, not in some future time, human life is the price being paid for the greater part of our often toxic existence in line with nature.

The obvious answer is no. However, I wonder if there are any documented cases of an omnivorous wild animal choosing to eat an herbivores diet.

No. Animals are a part of the natural cycle, humans are not.

If a human is starving, I am the last person to tell him/her not to to eat meat. If it’s for survival, go ahead. That said, we could deliver vegan food to starving people instead in this hypothetical scenario. I don’t see a reason to mess with what starving people get before fixing people who eat meat and animal products because they can.

By the way, I don’t understand why AdamD is tolerated. It would be fine if he was asking interesting questions or things that inspire thought, but it’s like having a preschooler at a college debate. He can’t wrap his head around the basic concepts, and everyone has to keep backtracking to hold his hand. I’m not opposed to his presence because he is a meat eater, but because he drags the conversation down quite a bit.

another colorless, mindless vegetarian myth. most animals are not predators and don’t eat each other. besides that is a pretty silly and akward excuse to eat the flesh of brutally tortured and sadistically killed non-human animals.

youtube.com/watch?v=5x0BSgLKnSk