6 med. potatoes, quartered and boiled (still warm)
100ml or soy of Mayo (soy, or 99% fat free from Praise - it’s contains no egg)
1 strip red pepper, chopped (from jar)
3 spring onions
1/2 tsp hot mustard OR 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 onion (*optional)
2 pickled gherkins, chopped (*optional)
Any other vegies that may taste nice in it! (*optional)
Vege-sausage or luncheon (*optional)
Pre-boil the potatoes. Drain, but don’t cool in the fridge.
Mix mayo, mustard together. Add vegies and stir.
Add potatoes, and salt & pepper if needed. Stir.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Healthy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
* 2 pounds (900g) baby potatoes, scrubbed
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 1 tsp Dijon mustard
* pinch of salt & pepper
* ¼ cup olive oil
* ¼ cup flaxseed oil (or another ¼ cup olive)
* 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
* 1 cucumber, diced
* ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
* Handful fresh chives, chopped
* 2 Tbsp fresh dill, minced, or 2 tsp dried
Healthy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe Directions
- Scrub the potatoes, and chop them in half or down to bite-size pieces. Put them in a pot with lightly salted water, and boil them until they are just soft, about 15-20 minutes. Timing will depend on the size of your pieces, and make sure the potatoes don’t get too soft or they will fall apart in your salad.
- Make the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, zest, garlic, mustard, oils, salt and pepper together in a bowl big enough to hold your potatoes. Add the chopped chives and dill, along with the cucumber, sprouts and whatever other veggies you might like. When the potatoes are done, add them to the bowl and toss. I hope you enjoy this vegan potato salad recipe, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes.
here is the video for the above recipe…
I love potato salad.I am very thanks full to you for sharing this recipe.
I should make it.
this is a very testy salad. but without sesame, fennel and dill powder is not perfect test.
Wow, it really tastes delicious. The ingredient listed here are pretty cool and it can actually add a wondrous flavour to this yummy salad dish. More than vinegar, I prefer to add some filament or little fresh lime juice drops. That makes me wow and crazy for salad. Apart from these even if you for vege- salads or chicken salad prefer olive oil some time rather than any other kind of oil. It is beneficial to the health.