pear almond tart (or quince) Recipe

Ingredients 1 ready made tart vegan pastry shell (bought or self made)
800g tin pears in natural juice (or poached quinces)
6 Tbs sugar (vanilla sugar if you have it)
2 Tbs flour
300 ml soya cream or substitute (coconut cream or silken tofu blended with a little vanilla soy?)
3 Tbs flaked almonds
3 Tbs ground almonds
60 g nuttelex
Instructions Press the pastry into a 25 cm tart tin. Prick with fork, and bake blind (using parchment/baking paper weighted down with dried beans/rice) for 10 mins only in a 190 deg. oven (no browning).

Drain the pears and leave upside on paper towels for a minute or two so they drain thoroughly. Slice.

Mix together the 2 types of almonds, 3 Tbs sugar and the nuttelex in a small saucepan, and heat 'til it forms a lumpy, crumbly paste. Remove and cool.

Mix together the other 3 Tbs sugar and the 2 Tbs flour separately in a cup.

Place pear slices in the partly baked tart case. Sprinkle over the flour/sugar mix, as evenly as possible.

Pour over the cream; then crumble over that the almond/nuttelex mix.

Bake for around half an hour in a 190 deg oven until the topping is set…could take a few minutes longer. If the edges brown, cover the tart with brown paper.

Serve warm, cool or cold! (With a vanilla custard/ice cream if feeling fancy).

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this pear almond tart will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.