Opportunity in Belize

Hello! I’m new to the forum, and would like to share an amazing opportunity!

I am currently an intern in Belize at an institute, organic farm and retreat center. I have been here for three months, and I am leaving in two weeks to travel to some other farms in Latin America, before coming back to this paradise in September. We are in need of interns to take my place!

I have learned so much in three months here, even in the first month I learned A LOT. You can improve your knowledge about diet and nutrition – they practice a vegan diet, eating tropical fruits, smoothies, juices and delicious and nutritious, conscious cooked vegetable meals. You can check out our flickr page for some meal examples! http://www.flickr.com/photos/uhirbze/sets/72157628387202413/

Aside from diet and nutrition, you will learn about sustainability – this place is off grid, using solar power. We have three sources of water; a spring, a creek and harvested rainwater.

You will also get to experience living life in a community. It is funny how isolated we are from one another… community living is totally different than the lifestyles most of us are used to, and it’s really something to be part of a team!
This really is a beautiful, special property, with a lot to offer. We are working on growing organic vegetables and greens right now, so you would have the opportunity to learn about that, which is part of what drew me here in the first place. I knew virtually nothing about growing before I came here, but now I have learnt so much.

They are also working on an agro-forestry program and you may be able to help identify and tag various species along the beautiful trails here!

The property is over 40 acres, I think about 47, and is simply beautiful! Yosiah, the owner, is very knowledgeable and skilled, and if you are interested in this type of lifestyle, he is the man to learn from. We work five days per week, and go to market on Saturdays.

Sundays are free aside from chores (eg. feeding the vegetarian dogs), and we can do many things such as taking a hike up the mountain, hiking to our mountain milpa, watching a movie, reading, meditating, or just getting to know one another on a more personal level and working on ourselves.

We look for people to stay for 90 days (or more if you’d like). If you are interested, please email yosiahyedidiah@yahoo.com. You can check out our website as well, but it is out of date and doesn’t reflect our current situation – it is in the process of being updated. http://www.universalhealingbelize.org/

Thank you and I hope this reaches whoever needs to be here! Once in a lifetime opportunity.