ONLINE PETITION LAUNCHED !!Ban Foie Gras in York

Hi everybody, I know this is only my 2nd post, but this issue is really important to me, please can people sign the following petition and get as many other people as poss to sign it too. It could help save 1000s of duks and geese thank you.

YORK ACTION FOR ANIMALS

We have now launched our online petition to ban foie gras in York, which will be presented, alongside our paper petion which we will be using at stalls, to York Council on Oct 4th when they next vote on the sale of Foie Gras.

Here is the link :

ipetitions.com/petition/yorkagainstfoiegras/

Sign the petition, and email it to all your friends, send it to as many people as possible, the more signatures we have before the council meeting on Oct 4th, the more chance we have of getting the council to vote against foie gras.

Kind Regards

Yafa webteam

excuse my ignorance, but what is foie gras, and how banning it will save ducks?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Foie Gras is “the liver of a duck or a goose that has been specially fattened by gavage”

Foie gras is one of the most popular and well-known delicacies in French cuisine and its flavour is described as rich, buttery, and delicate, unlike that of a regular duck or goose liver.

The issue I see here, of course, is that people normally ignore online petitions. I don’t oppose it necessarily, but just saying, it’ll likely be ignored because they’re too easy to sign people up on and waaay to easy to fake. You want to start circulating a paper petition.

MicroBalrog, how would you circulate a paper petition internationally? :confused: