Not a vegan at heart???

Well out of sheer vanity, of wanting to fit my ass into size 4 jeans, I was looking into different diets. The only meat I ever ate was chicken and fish, and that too not regularly. I did love my dairy though. I cam across some before and after pictures of a vegan diet. I thought I’d give it a try. And just to motivate myself I even thought I’d watch the documentary “Earthlings”, and that definitely did help!

I went vegan, and OMG, I felt AMAZING! In fact, I do not think that dairy is a normal human food. And meat??? Its a life that I am taking away, for a single meal. I could easily eat something else, and be healthier. I do not want to enjoy a meal, at someone elses cost of life. I understand that. And yet, here is my problem.
I do make breakfast for my family, and they often want to eat eggs. I’m a morning person, and breakfast is my thing. I love doing it. Yesterday I made fish, because my husband really wanted to eat fish.
Let me make clear that I don’t want to turn this into a religion, and try to convert anyone into it. I think its something that should happen from within. So please don’t give me advise to wean my husband off of meat and dairy.

But I am having a hard time, myself. On one hand, I cook fish, and eggs, and serve it on a plate. So on one hand, I really do see this as ‘food’, just not my food. How its affecting me is, I have started to slowly not care if a brownie has eggs in it or not. It doesn’t seem like a big deal to me anymore.

I think you get the idea. I do not have any vegan friends, and I just want to continue to live vegan because I know what I felt… and it feels really good! So please help me, without being too preachy please! I don’t like to preach, and don’;t like to be preached upon :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for any replies!

I suggest you read , watch, listen and just learn on the subject/lifestyle. Ultimately conviction and your own passion is what will make it easier to adhere to. There are issues of ethics, health, environment and even spirituality if you are a spiritual person.