* 2 tsp olive oil * 3 cloves garlic, pressed * 1 cup cremini mushrooms, minced * 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced * Salt & pepper * 3 cups spinach, shredded * 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar * ½ package phyllo pastry * Olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Heat a large pan to medium-high and saute the garlic in 1 tsp of the olive oil. Add the other tsp when you add the mushrooms, and stir them around to coat them in the oil. Leave them on the heat, stirring occasionally, long enough to allow the mushrooms to release and then reabsorb their juice. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have fully cooked, add the thyme and salt & pepper to taste, then the spinach. Allow the spinach to just wilt and then add the red wine vinegar and scrape up anything stuck to the bottom of the pan. Remove the filling from the heat.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo pastry flat on a cutting board and brush lightly with olive oil or coconut oil. Using a pizza cutter or knife, slice the pastry along the long side into 5 strips. Place a small spoonful of the mixture at one end of each strip. Fold the phyllo up in a triangle shape, keeping the filling in the middle of the pocket.
- Bake the triangles at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until the phyllo starts to brown.