Michael J Fox makes stem cell ads

Michael J Fox makes stem cell ads

Actor Michael J Fox, who suffers from Parkinson’s Disease, is lending his support to US Congressional candidates who advocate stem cell research.
Fox, 45, has appeared at a rally and filmed campaign adverts for Democrats who support research on human embryos.
The adverts show the Back To The Future star rocking uncontrollably, one of the effects of his condition.
Scientists hope embryonic stem cell research could one day yield cures for illnesses like Parkinson’s or diabetes.
Opponents, led by the Catholic Church and anti-abortionists, say it is immoral and could lead to human cloning.
President George W Bush is also against the research, and vetoed a controversial bill which would have lifted a ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research in July.
“It crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect, so I vetoed it,” he said.
However, polls suggest the majority of Americans back the research, and it has become a key issue in the mid-term elections, which decide the make-up of Congress, the two houses of the US legislature.

Missouri plea

In Missouri, voters will be asked to decide on “Amendment Two” - changing the state constitution to permit federally-approved research on cells derived from human embryos.
Claire McCaskill, a Democrat who is challenging Republican Senator Jim Talent for his seat in the state, is one of the candidates endorsed by Fox.
“What you do in Missouri matters to millions of Americans. Americans like me,” the actor says in a campaign advert.
“Senator Jim Talent opposes extending stem cell research. Senator Talent even wanted to criminalise the science which gives us a chance for hope.”
Fox’s adverts have attracted criticism, with conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh claiming he was either “off his medication or acting” in the 30-second clip.
The Missouri Senate race is one of the most closely-watched contests in an effort by US Democrats to capture control of Congress in the mid-term elections, which take place on 7 November.
Larry Sabato, director of the Centre for Politics at the University of Virginia, said Fox’s intervention could help decide the race.
“If a tiny ad can change votes, this one ought to,” he said.
“This is real. He’s not playing a guy with Parkinson’s - he is a guy with Parkinson’s.”

Degenerative disease

Parkinson’s is a degenerative disease of the nervous system that generally affects both men and women who are more than 40 years old.
The disease develops slowly over time and is associated with trembling of the arms and legs, stiffness and rigidity of the muscles and slowness of movement.
A third of Parkinson’s suffers also develop senile dementia.
Parkinson’s sufferers eventually die from secondary complications such as pneumonia, urinary tract infection, pressure sores, septicaemia and stroke.
Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 1991 and revealed his condition publicly in 1998.
In 2000, he quit full-time acting because of his symptoms and founded the Michael J Fox Foundation, which has raised millions of dollars for research into a cure.

Is Parkinson’s disease evidence of the vegan genetic around the carnivore? Stem cell research seems carnivore medicine. Our insights indicate better can be done with herbal medicines. One might also study being in a vegan separatist area to see of the matter. Do you feel better when an isolated vegan?

There is no medical proof that diet, particularly non-vegan, causes Parkinson’s Disease. In fact, There are several vegans who suffer from the same case that Mr. Fox is suffering. As for stem cell research, how can you back your statement that it is ‘carnivore research?’ Your statement seems distorted in some areas, please make it clearer. Thanks.

isn’t mjfox a vegetarian? The statement is not that vegan cures parkinsons, but that being AROUND carnivore might cause it. I have situations occur AROUND persons digesting carnivore that seem to vanish away from it.

Parkinson’s disease is not contagious therefore there is possibly no medical reason why being around ‘meat-eaters’ or vegans for that matter that you might get parkinson’s.

still not the statement. What is called Parkinsons is a reflection of the man in his situation, perhaps. Around persons digesting carnivore, I have disease, in body, mind, or soul, that is not there when not around it.

As far as ‘carnivore research’ goes, if we are vegetarian oriented, stem cell research seems wolf, carnivore oriented, unavailable to most, and perhaps expensive. Mammon. A simple note in an herbal that this, or that works quite well is for the folk, not the bank account, necessarily. Try Amanita muscaria homeopathically, if not for regular meat (food). Eat that place right where the stem meets the cccap, and other ssshrooooms!

still not the statement. What is called Parkinsons is a reflection of the man in his situation, perhaps. Around persons digesting carnivore, I have disease, in body, mind, or soul, that is not there, when not around it.

As far as ‘carnivore research’ goes, if we are vegetarian oriented, stem cell research seems wolf, carnivore oriented, unavailable to most, and perhaps expensive. Mammon. A simple note in an herbal that this, or that, works quite well is for the folk, not the bank account, necessarily. Try Amanita muscaria homeopathically, if not for regular meat (food). Eat that place right where the stem meets the cccap, and other ssshrooooms! Study the cacti!

still not the statement. What is called Parkinsons is a reflection of the man in his situation, perhaps. Around persons digesting carnivore, I have disease, in body, mind, or soul, that is not there, when not around it.

As far as ‘carnivore research’ goes, if we are vegetarian oriented, stem cell research seems wolf, carnivore oriented, unavailable to most, and perhaps expensive. Mammon. A simple note in an herbal that this, or that, works quite well is for the folk, not the bank account, necessarily. Try Amanita muscaria homeopathically, if not for regular meat (food). Eat that place right where the stem meets the cccap, and other ssshrooooms! Study the cacti!

Peace.

Your statements are very very incoherent. It’s like listening to a drunk pastor making a sermon. No offense meant.

About the issue, we are talking about the lives and suffering of people who have diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, it has nothing to do with being a carnivore - or whatever you mean by wolf, carnivore. It is ‘research’, meaning it is still in the process of being studied like with most herbal remedies you mentioned which are also being studied before prescribed. It is unfair for you to claim that stem cell research is wrong when you yourself are promoting some other solution. We have yet to determine whether these studies will benefit victims of these diseases. Who knows in the near future the cure for diseases may be found here.

A drunk pastor? Hmmm…vegans do not seem to focus on using animal matter in the diet. Aren’t fetus cells animal matter? The wolf? Herbal medicine has been around a long time. It has been researched a long time. It has been the doctor a long time. The High Primate is too diseased to be on its natural diet. The world ph is too acid, perhaps.
It seems wrong for a vegan. Peace.

Edgar Cayce, a carnivore, has some good notes on Parkinson’s disease, but this might seem too mystic also. cf

Stem cells are primal cells that retain the ability to renew themselves through cell division and can differentiate into a wide range of specialized cell types.

Medical researchers believe that stem cell research has the potential to change the face of human disease. A number of current treatments already exist, although the majority of them are not commonly used because they tend to be experimental and not very cost-effective. Medical researchers anticipate being able to use technologies derived from stem cell research to treat cancer, parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injuries, and muscle damage, amongst a number of other diseases, impairments and conditions. However, there still exists a great deal of social and scientific uncertainty surrounding stem cell research, which could possibly be overcome by gaining the acceptance of the public and through years of intensive research.
Stem cells, however, are already used extensively in research, and some scientists do not see cell therapy as the first goal of the research, but see the stem cells as a tool worthy in itself.

Medical researchers in the field argue that it is necessary to pursue embryonic stem cell research because the resultant technologies are expected to have significant medical potential, and that the embryos used for research are only those slated for destruction anyway. The ensuing debate has prompted authorities around the world to seek regulatory frameworks and highlighted the fact that stem cell research represents a social and ethical challenge.

Is Michael J Fox really a vegetarian?

I don’t think so Andy, there is this one film which I forgot the title where I saw him eat steak, but I think it has nothing to do with the issue. What we are really after is whether stem cell research is supposed to be voted for or against. Personally I think that we should give it a try. For me the benefits this kind of research brings far outweigh the negative things the opposition claim. Imagine being able to treat people with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Chronic Heart diseases, etc… in just a few years.