Meat and the Environment

Meat and the Environment
Would you ever open your refrigerator, pull out 16 plates of pasta and toss them in the trash, and then eat just one plate of food?How about leveling 55 square feet of rain forest for a single meal or dumping 2,500 gallons of water down the drain?Of course you wouldn’t. But if you’re eating chicken, fish, turkey, pork, or beef, that’s what you’re doing—wasting resources and destroying our environment.Animals raised for food expend the vast majority of the calories that they are fed simply existing, just as we do. We feed more than 70 percent of the grains and cereals we grow to farmed animals, and almost all of those calories go into simply keeping the animals alive, not making them grow.Only a small fraction of the calories consumed by farmed animals are actually converted into the meat that people eat.
–>Read More<–

I will never open my refrigerator, pull out 16 plates of pasta and toss them in the trash, and then eat just one plate of food?How about leveling 55 square feet of rain forest for a single meal or dumping 2,500 gallons of water down the drain, in short… I will never eat meat… :smiley:

I will never eat meat but just a thought if we dont feed them what will happento our environment too? and if we feed them what will happen to us if they eat all the foods we eat? especially vegs.