- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 stalks of kale, chopped
White Bean Sauce:
* ½ cup dry cannellini beans, fully cooked OR 1 14oz can cannellini beans, rinsed * about ½ cup water * ¼ of the onion from above * 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast * 1 tsp nutmeg * Sea salt
- Heat a large pan to medium, add the olive oil and stir the onions to coat. Allow them to cook until they are just slightly soft. Add the eggplant next, stirring to mix it in with the onion. Allow the eggplant a few minutes on the heat before adding the zucchini. Once the zucchini is added and slightly softened, sprinkle a few teaspoons of sea salt over the pan, stir, and cover.
- While the vegetables are cooking (about 20 min), make the bean sauce. Start with the beans in a blender with enough water to come up to the level of the beans. Blend until smooth, then add the onions and blend again. Add the yeast, nutmeg and salt and blend one last time. Taste for flavoring, then allow the sauce to sit while the vegetables finish cooking to let the flavors enter the beans.
- When the vegetables have cooked to become very soft, add the chopped kale to the pan and stir through. Recover with the lid for a few minutes, until the kale has wilted. Pour the bean sauce over the vegetables, stir to mix your low fat alfredo sauce recipe