9 oz (250g) vegan ginger biscuits
2 dssp vegetable oil
5 oz (145g) block creamed coconut
12 oz (350g) firm silken tofu
2 1/2 oz (70g) caster sugar
Coconut shavings and lime slices to decorate - optional
- Break the biscuits to fine crumbs using a blender (or plastic bag and rolling pin).
- In a saucepan place vegetable oil and 45g/1 1/2 oz of the creamed coconut. Heat gently, stirring continuously, until the coconut has melted.
- Take off the heat and add the crushed ginger biscuits. Mix well and transfer to a lightly oiled 7-inch cake tin with a spring bottom. Press down firmly and leave to cool in a fridge.
- Using the saucepan again, add the juice and pulp of the two limes and the rest of the creamed coconut. Heat gently until the coconut has melted.
- Transfer to a blender and add the tofu, avocado and sugar. Whizz until well blended and smooth.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the tofu mix into the tin. Decorate with coconut shavings and lime slices. Place in the fridge to set approx 3 hours.