Help Swans in Michigan

I have received the following request for help stop the killing of swans in Michigan and hope many of you can help.

Update about “STOP THE KILLING OF MUTE SWANS IN MICHIGAN"Monday, July 23, 2012 6:54 AMFrom: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Change.orgmail@change.org
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple extremely important things to request from everyone.

First, Bloomfield Twp passed a resolution to allow their lake associations to kill their swans on April 9, 2012. From what I have heard from a few residents, they had no clue this had occurred. It’s time that the Board hears about it. Please read the attached letter request. Ask Bloomfield Twp if they want to be known all over the world for killing mute swans? If you have time to contact your townships and cities to see if they have passed a resolution to kill swans, it might be a good idea. Please let me know if you hear of anything like this happening in your city, so we can be proactive. We have sent packets to some municipalities, but there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get to everything. We have had quite a few calls about swans with hooks and fishing line wrapped around them. We rush to take care of these matters, and inform people not to contact the DNR. We try to get those callers to join the cause as well. It’s amazing how many people have no idea this is happening.

Bloomfield Township
4200 Telegraph Road
P.O. Box 489
Bloomfield Township, MI 48303-0489
ph: 248.433.7700
fax: 248.433.7714
Hours: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Monday -Thursday, Closed Friday
admin@bloomfieldtwp.org
lsavoie@bloomfieldtwp.org
clerk@bloomfieldtwp.org
treasurer@bloomfieldtwp.org

minutesondemand.com/data/blo … ~55915.pdf

I am also writing to request that we all begin a huge write in campaign to bombard the Governor, the new DNR director, our state reps and senators and yes, the White House. What we did with West Bloomfield Township goes to show that we can beat these agencies. They don’t like it when the public makes a stink about stuff. We must include the Humane Society of the United States proposal to show we are attempting to do find a more humane approach and that the DNR does not care and just wants their kill plan. Then maybe we will get the support we need from our officials. THIS IS A STATE ISSUE regardless of what our reps and senators are telling us. I have a letter from Barb Avers saying it is a state issue. We should include this as well. Please if you cannot attach links and documents to emails, please print everything out and mail it. Please make sure you get a return receipt or notice that someone signed for it.

I cannot attach these letters to this e-mail , so please contact me to receive them. disnydolly@sbcglobal.net You can also request to be put on the e-mail list for updates and links as well.

Let’s make sure we mention the Pure Michigan campaign, something about the DNR stating that the general public’s tax dollars does not pay the salaries of the wildlife division’s employees, according to Russ Mason (he needs to be removed). That they have no Michigan facts and studies, and most of all WE WANT A MORATORIUM PLACED ON THE KILLING OF OUR MUTE SWANS until a more humane plan can be put into place. You know what to do:)

For our friends in other states and countries that want to help but do not know how, please write your papers and contact your TV news stations, let them know what the United States and the State of Michigan are doing to these birds and other wildlife. Call us the kill state, whatever you want. Write to our Governor, DNR director, and White House and tell them PURE MICHIGAN is a joke and you would never come to Michigan, a state that is known for killing swans and killing wildlife in general.

rick snyder ;
Governor Rick Snyder
P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, Michigan 48909
PHONE: (517) 373-3400
PHONE: (517) 335-7858 - Constituent Services
FAX:(517) 335-6863

creaghk@michigan.gov
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Executive Division
P.O. Box 30028
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-373-2329

whitehouse.gov/contact/submi … d-comments
whitehouse.gov/contact/write-or-call#write

To find your House Representative either call (517) 373-6339 between the hours of 9AM to 5PM, or go to the website: house.michigan.gov/,?utm_sou … dium=email click on REPRESENTATIVES and then scroll down to FIND A REPRESENTATIVE.
Mail for all Representatives can be addressed as follows:
Representative Name
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514

To find your Senator either call (517) 373-2400 between the hours or 9AM to 5PM, or go to the website: www.senate.michigan.gov/findyoursenator/michiganfys.asp
Mail for all Senators can be addressed as follows:
Senator Name
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536

We have been working on this for over a year now. The issue is finally getting some attention because ALL of us are working together. Please take an hour or so and write these extremely important letters or tweak the one’s you have written in the past. Please forward this e-mail to anyone who you think will help. If you have any celebrity connections, please try to get them on board. If they know HSUS is on this issue they might be more willing to do something.

Please include: the HSUS proposal, our resloution for a moratorium for state senators and state representatives, and Barbara Aver’s email stating this is a state issue.

You will have to request these from me as I cannot attach them to this letter. I have more info on Bloomfield Twp, please request that as well.

WE CAN DO THIS. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Take Care!

Karen Stamper
248-912-5042 ( call if you need something. If I don’t answer, please leave a message, I will call you back. I work 7:am to 5:30pm m-th and am off Fridays)

disnydolly@sbcglobal.net

PLEASE HELP!!!1