Gulab Jamoon - a fried sweet in sugar syrup Recipe

Ingredients 1 small packet Gulab Jamoon mix (any brand - MTR, Priya, Gits, to name a few; available from Indian grocery store)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups water
3 cups cooking oil
vanilla flavour/essence(few drops about 3 drops)
Instructions BEST to make this sweet with the name brand packet mix rather than trying to make the mix.
Follow the instructions on the packet. Its easy and all that needs to be done is add the recommended measure of water as this is easiest part. Next comes the frying and especially making the sugar syrup which has to be right consistency and texture to soak the fried jamoons. If the sugar syrup is taken out little early, its still runny and watery and if its just a bit late, it crusts and when the jamoons are soaked in it, they stick together and sugar crystalises making the soft sweet hard to separate and serve and makes on big messy blob.
Making the sugar syrup is tricky but by slow process and observation when it gets to a honey texture and sort of thick and viscous liquid, its ready.
So best is to buy the packet of dough and get this done and this easy and take care in making sugar syrup.
Make half a packet of powder into a dough adding water, according to instructions and soak for 5 minutes
Meantime, heat cooking oil in saucepan on medium
After resting the dough for 5 minutes or so, make into small round marbles
Deep fry some of these at a time till they are brown and rise to the top
Strain them out of the oil and on to a serviette
Meantime, add measured amount of sugar and water to a saucepan and boil it on stove till it makes a honey /viscous syrup
or like golden syrup
Add vanilla essence
Cool the syrup in fridge to hasten cooling
Add the fried jamoons and soak it in this syrup and keep in fridge
Serve after a few hours of soaking for by then the syrup will have been absorbed by the jamoons to give it a sweet taste
Serve in bowls with few (1-2) jamoons and a spoonful of sugar syrup in it
Alternatively, the jamoon from sugar syrup can be served without the syrup and with vanilla icecream on the side
Stays well in fridge

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this sugar syrup will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.