Green cabbage with cumin

This is something I watched my mom make for years so I just went with instinct on how much of each ingredient to use. Feel free to mix it up as you wish.

1 head of chopped green cabbage
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 sliced onion
Salt to taste
4-5 chopped carrots (optional)
4-5 sticks of chopped celery (optional)
2 cups of squared potatoes (optional)

In a large pot, heat up the oil.

(If using potatoes, cook them first. Add celery, and carrots next after the potatoes seem almost cooked.)

Add the onions, and cumin. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the cabbage. If the pot isn’t big enough, add a little bit of cabbage and cook until volume is reduced and add more. Add salt. Mix everything together. I like the cabbage to be crispy so I cook it until the edges have become soft and then it is done. Cook it longer if you want the cabbage to be completely cooked.

Enjoy.

Mmm, that sounds awesome. I’m going to try cooking that one up once my cabbage comes around in the garden.

Thanks for the recipe!

I would love to hear how you like it. Thanks for the feedback.

Has anybody tried the Cabbage with Ginger and cumin, quite a nice fusion !!
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 small (2-pound) head green cabbage, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices
2 teaspoon(s) grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt

In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
Add cabbage, ginger, cumin, and salt, and cook 11 to 14 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.

Let me know what you think

Hey Pauline, I love ginger! I will have to try this out. Thanks.

I think this is just one of the best recipe for Green Cabbage with cumin and of course, Ginger. Not only healthy but also tasty. I always go for recipes with ginger as a star ingredient.