1 16 oz bag of frozen pearl onions, thawed
3 lbs of green beans, cleaned and trimmed
2 tbsp of vegan margarine
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp of salt
- Melt margarine in a large skillet.
- Add thawed pearl onions and cook, stirring, until they brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring until the onions are glazed.
- Blanch the trimmed green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, add to the skillet with the onions, and toss to coat.
- Add another splash of balsamic and season with salt and pepper.
- Off the heat, finish the green beans and onions with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.