Germany

I’m going to Germany to meet my boyfriends parents over winter break and was wondering how difficult it is to be vegan there?
Is anyone from Germany or has had experince in traveling there?

Oooh, I love going to Germany, but it’s not the most vegetarian-friendly country!

Most restaurants and cafe’s will have a ‘fleischlos’ option. This means “meat free” - but NOT vegetarian or vegan (you will usually get some kind of seafood and cream cheese!) Look out for ‘vegetarisch’ (vegetarian) on menus, or try asking for “etwas vegetarisch.” You might want to clarify this with your boyfriend’s family, because they may assume you eat fish.

However, there are lots of sandwich cafe’s offering health food, some of which is vegetarian or vegan. I’ve even seen Tofuwurst and Vegan Imbiss :slight_smile:

The great news is that, thanks to German purity laws, you can drink all the lager you like :smiley:

Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in Europe. The country consists of 16 states while the capital and largest city is Berlin.

Germany covers an area of 357,021 km2 and has a largely temperate seasonal climate. With 81.8 million inhabitants, it is the most populous member state and the largest economy in the European Union. It is one of the major political powers of the European continent and a technological leader in many fields.

ormond beach lodging

Located in central Europe, Germany is made up of the North German Plain, the Central German Uplands (Mittelgebirge), and the Southern German Highlands. The Bavarian plateau in the southwest averages 1,600 ft (488 m) above sea level, but it reaches 9,721 ft (2,962 m) in the Zugspitze Mountains, the highest point in the country. Germany’s major rivers are the Danube, the Elbe, the Oder, the Weser, and the Rhine. Germany is about the size of Montana

There are many sides to cultural life in Germany: From North to South there are around 300 theaters and 130 professional orchestras. The museum world is of quite unparalleled quality – featuring 630 art museums with diverse internationally renowned collections. Young German painting is equally vibrant, and is long since part of the international scene. And Germany is one of the major book nations, with around 94,000 new books and re-editions each year. The 350 dailies and thousands of magazines go to show how lively the German media world is. Moreover, German films are once again a great success at home and abroad.
best of luck!!!

Germany is no Vegan country but I think there will be not so much difficulty to be a vegan.

I am not sure about that from where you can get vegan because Germany is not a vegan country but yeah i think that you can get it somewhere in Germany.

Germany is my favourite country but it’s not the most vegetarian friendly country.There are many good hotels and restaurants where you can find all dishes but Most Restaurants and Cafes will have meat free but NOT vegetarian or vegan.
gold coast family accommodation

Germany is nice to travel. You will find many interesting things to do and see.

Thanks for sharing this awesome post with us. I am so glad that I visit this thread. It’s been really great to be here. You all guys have shared great information here. :flower:

I always wish to my father to take a long tour of Germany. Finally, he is ready to arrange the tour for me with mates. So all of your shred stuff will be useful for me. I will add all these names of places in my bucket and will visit during my journey. Yahhhhooo, I am so happy about it.