Food supplements question

Hello from Slovenia, EU…I’m new to this forum,…
I have a question…
I ordered some supplements for the brain functioning made of some plant extracts…as I hoped it would help with my focus and attention, as it stated…
I took one capsule, and it devastated me…For five days I couldn’t function…I was in depression and emotional agony…My family was suffering along with me…
Than I went on the website and casually see that they say on some other version of the product the gelatin capsule was substituted for a vegetarian one… WHAT? WTF? How is that possible? I would have never taken it if i knew that… But thare was no trace of any listing of gelatine on the product label…I strongly suspect that this is also the cause of the reaction of my body on this…as i vomit even coming in contact with the smell of some meat…

My question is, is there required, in the USA, that the capsule shell ingredients are listed? Is there neccesary for gelatin to be listed on the supplement “other ingredients?”

Does anybody know this?

Thanks for the time,

sander

I’m not sure of the exact ruling in the US about if the gelatin capsule ingredients need to be listed or not. A general rule to go by might be if it has a gelatin capsule then don’t take it. Look instead for a whole food supplement that is vegan friendly. I’m an independent consultant for Arbonne International and as far as I know we have no gelatin capsules of any kind in our supplements, this is because they are whole food vitamins. If your looking for vegan friendly products that you wont have to worry about in this regard please check out Arbonne. Ask me any questions through a PM or e-mail and I can even go straight to the company to get answers. I’ll be looking into this gelatin capsule ingredient situation as soon as I can, I feel it should be labeled. Also if you decide to try Arbonne let me know and I’ll help you pick the products to best meet the results you were looking for.

Thanks for sharing with us.

I’ve never heard that until now, Thanks for sharing this with us so we could be aware.

No, most medicines are not labeled with capsule type.
Capsules are divided into gelatin capsules and vegetarian capsules. Most gelatin capsules are made of animal skin and bones. Of course, some gelatin capsules are made from a kind of seaweed, but this is very rare, you know, everything is because of money.

Yes, in the United States, it is required that the ingredients of dietary supplements, including the capsule shell ingredients, be listed on the product’s label. The regulations for labeling dietary supplements in the U.S. are outlined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).

According to these regulations, the supplement label must include a Supplement Facts panel, which provides information about the serving size, amount per serving, and the ingredients contained in the product. This includes both the active ingredients and the non-active or “inactive” ingredients, such as the capsule shell materials.

The ingredients listed on the label should be presented in descending order of predominance by weight, which means the ingredients present in the largest amounts are listed first. This allows consumers to be aware of the components in the supplement they are consuming, including the capsule shell ingredients.

It’s important to note that the regulations may vary for different types of dietary supplements and may be subject to change over time, so it’s always advisable to consult the most current guidelines provided by the FDA or seek professional advice for specific questions or concerns.