Chick Pea and Tomato Salad

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

1 can (540 mL/10 fl oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 large ripe tomato, chopped small
6 or 8 green onions, sliced, white part only
1/2 cucumber, chopped
juice and pulp of 2 limes
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon cumin seeds (don’t try to substitute ground cumin)
pepper to taste
Directions:

1. Rinse and drain chick peas, shake dry.

2. Mix in a bowl with tomato, onion, cucumber.

3. Mix remaining ingredients in a small jar. Shake and pour over vegetable mixure.

4. Refrigerate until serving time.

Can use less oil if desired.

Serves: 3-4

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Nutrition Information: good source of iron and vitamin C

They might like their chick pea salad to be spicy they added some hot sauce here

youtube.com/watch?v=WXhRdL-V … re=related

Instead of using cucumber, you may add black olives and corn… used red onions rather than green… This recipe doesn’t call for much spices, salt and pepper and there it goes… I think they don’t want it to be sour thats why lime juice or vinegar are not present…

youtube.com/watch?v=gXtOg7pbePo

This is the Italian version… They did not put some cucumber… Instead of using juice of lime or lemon they used red wine vinegar, and whole fennel substitutes cumin seed while red onions are present in absence of green onion… Parsley is also added…

youtube.com/watch?v=JpJ-RAUtCvs

fresh oregano in replacement for cumin seed is good, used of white wine vinegar for lemon or lime juice and an additional black olives…

youtube.com/watch?v=jTXPu3U3-Io

this is a very testy salad. but without sesame, fennel and dill powder is not perfect test.

Wow, it really tastes delicious. The ingredient listed here are pretty cool and it can actually add a wondrous flavour to this yummy salad dish. More than vinegar, I prefer to add some filament or little fresh lime juice drops. That makes me wow and crazy for salad. Apart from these even if you for vege- salads or chicken salad prefer olive oil some time rather than any other kind of oil. It is beneficial to the health.