o 3 T cider vinegar
      o 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
      o 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
      o 1 t baking soda
      o 1/4 t salt
      o 2 t ground ginger
      o 1/4 t ground cinnamon
      o 1/4 t ground mace
      o 1/2 cup silken tofu, pureed in blender (measure after processing)
      o 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
      o 2 T whole flaxseeds, ground to fine meal
      o 1/2 cup water
      o 2 T maple syrup 

METHOD
In a medium bowl, toss the blueberries with the granulated sugar and vinegar. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.

In a small bowl, mix flax meal with water. Let sit while preparing other ingredients.

Preheat the oven to 350 F/180C. Grease an 8 inch round pan. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and mace. Drain the berries, reserving the juices. In another bowl, combine the tofu and the blueberry juices. Add the melted margarine, flax mixture, and maple syrup. Add 1/2 cup flour mixture and beat until smooth. Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy, about one minute.

Spread 2/3 of the batter in the pan. Arrange the blueberries over the top. Spoon in the remaining batter without completely covering the berries. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is dry and springy and a tester comes out clean.

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cake will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.