ASPCA Grants Money to Group Killing Chickens

I am more than outraged that ASPCA would give a grant of some $151,000.00 to Farm Forward supposedly "to promote humane poultry welfare at the Good Shepherd(?)Poultry Ranch in Lindsborg, Kansas.

upc-online.org/broiler/12061 … ghter.html

It is totally idiotic to think that getting humane organizations into the business of promoting meat from heritage breed chickens will result in even the slightest reduction of animal suffering. Their decision to fund the commercial production of chickens for meat raises a number of troubling issues which goes beyond the obvious ethical issues from the animals’ standpoint.

It is simply delusional to think that getting humane organizations into the business of promoting meat from heritage breed chickens will result in even the slightest reduction of animal suffering. Your decision to fund the commercial production of chickens for meat raises a number of troubling issues. Beyond the obvious ethical issues from the animals’ standpoint, there is also the matter of using charitable dollars to further the commercial interests of a privately owned, profit-driven poultry company. This is just the latest in a growing trend on the part of several major animal organizations to, in effect, merge with the livestock industry. Farm Forward has previously promoted a variety of federal and state legislation that HFA regarded as more likely to entrench the status quo in animal agriculture than to bring about meaningful change.

That grant money could have been used to save the lives of many animals that they seem to care so much about, rather than fund a project that results in their deaths instead of saving their lives.

I will never send any money to this hypocritical organization and hope others do likewise. Any truly humane organization would never in any way promote killing of animals.

I have to agree. I am very disappointed in the ASPCA on this one.