Why go vegan?

No? :astonished: Will have to try that :smiley:

I could cook you some cookies, but I wouldn’t be allowed to post them to you (some food exporting rules). So I would have to eat them for you too :smiley:

I’ll bake every kind of vegan cookie imaginable in a beautiful vegan celebration if MomoPeach would go away :smiley:

I don’t want MomoPeach to go away. It just wouldn’t be the same without her. :slight_smile: no flames… everyone agrees… a bit boring…

And I believe that she might learn something here… that’s what is this forum for after all.

Just cut the celery sticks in 2-3 inches pieces. Put some peanut butter on them and some raisins above. It is served like desert. I tried it recently at my brothers house and was amazed myself. Very interesting taste imho.

That’s a pity. Then I must visit you someday :smiley: will have a friendly sparing… eat some cookies :laughing: get drank, I understood you can brew nice beer… :drunken:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

But I agree with Andy - I learned a few things replying to MomoPeach, though I’m sure it wasn’t her intention to make me more vegan :laughing6:

That sounds nice :smiley: You will have to come to the Glastonbury Festival next year or something? Maybe we could have a vegtalk meet-up, halfway between where everyone lives? Second thoughts, that could be a long way… :blah5:

The beer can be a little variable… experimental… :wink: but most of the time it’s nice :drunken:

well maybe if she wasn’t so negative I wouldn’t have to be disgust

I’ll bake us some vegan treats anyway!!
I’m crazy for peanut butter it’s my fave food.
Vegan peanut butter cookies…hmmmm…

I don’t do enough baking!!

Yay! :smiley:

Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods, as well. Sounds like vegan peanut butter cookies would be best since we’re all peanut butter fanatics here :slight_smile:. Vegan peanut butter cookies for everyone :cheers:.

squeals with joy :smiley:

Is there a vegan cream cheese?
Peanut butter and cream cheese go GREAT together…but I’m hoping there’s a vegan cream cheese so you can try it [[and I can continue to eat it when I’m finally 18]]!!

Cream cheese? :astonished: I haven’t tried that one… :slight_smile: There is a brand called Tofutti (lurking on a UK mail order site) that do a soy-based “Better than Cream Cheese,” and if you to www.tofutti.com , they have a store-finder for you lucky people in the US :smiley:

I haven’t tried the tofutti (just looking at website, they do soy ice-cream too :laughing5: ) but I’m not a huge fan of fake cheese, with the exception of vegan parmesan. I’ve found you can use silken tofu instead - it’s the same sort of consistency as mozzarella and can be scrambled, though it can be a bit bland if you’re used to cheese :wink:

I just thought that I’d mention that I was on Tofutti’s website a few days ago searching for local stores that carry their products and luckily found a couple! I used to be an extreme cheese-lover before going vegan, and I’ve been craving it lately (especially cream cheese). The store that is closest to me is about 15 min. away from where I live, so I am planning on heading up there soon to buy all of the cream cheese in stock :laughing:. I have never tried their products before, so I can’t give you an opinion yet, ChrisCross, but I would suggest trying them out if you have any local stores that carry their products. I have heard a lot of good comments about them! By the way, I love peanut butter with cream cheese, too. It sounds as though you and I have the same taste in food :smiley:.

really, you haven’t lived until you’ve had peanut butter and cream cheese. Especially with a Starbucks Frappuccino to go along with it…drools

Oh man, when I’m vegan I’ll miss my Frappuccino’s. But I’ve convinced myself that I can make my own, using soymilk. How hard can it be? :laughing:

I think Starbucks use soy milk if you ask (unless it’s one of those things they only do in Europe…) I prefer soy milk anyway :smiley: But it contains different nutrients to milk, if you crave frappucinno maybe you subconsciously want a mineral or protein? I’m no doctor… I went a bit soy mad when I first tried going vegan :scratch: and ended up not eating properly :slight_smile: But I believe a soy frappuccino can be created :smiley:

Oh yes I have coffee with soy milk in it all the time :smiley:

But when I say Frappuccino I’m refering to the bottled Frappuccino [[they come in mocha, coffee, vanilla, and strawberries & creme as flavors]]. It’d be a miracle if they had soy bottled ‘fraps’

And by the way YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. ALL OF YOU. YOU ROCK!

Oh, I know the things you mean… [pause to feel out of touch :wink: ]

Well, you could always send Starbucks an email :protest: these big companies are usually looking for new ideas to get a competitive edge, and tend to have feedback / comments sections on their websites. And they have some stiff competition from Costa and Cafe Nero at the moment :smiley: I’ve sent a few suggestions to companies before: sometimes they ignore you, but sometimes they do take your comments on board (I - and probably a few other people - got Wetherspoons to go vegan friendly at one point! They don’t seem to have kept it up though :frowning: Maybe it’s time to bug them again :laughing: )

Hey, YOU ROCK TOO :thumbup:

I just tried Tofutti’s cream cheese, and I have to say that it is not bad at all! I think that I actually like it better than regular cream cheese. I am going to attempt to make a vegan cheesecake soon :toothy4:.

I don’t know why but the word cream somehow associates in my mind with sex :blush:

I am sure that you’re not the only one; you’re just the only person who is brave enough to admit it :laughing:.

:laughing: It’s not bravery I just had nothing smarter to write :laughing:

Ahem, I haven’t been brave enough to continue this thread… :tard: Quick change of subject…

I’ve had a very boring bank holiday weekend, applying for a new job and playing with my new blender :smiley: Anyhoo, I came across a frappucino recipe, and thought it would be easy to turn it vegan, if you had some soy ice-cream.
video.about.com/coffeetea/Penny- … rappe.htm#