Why bother

Paradise on Earth is fun and all, and call me a skeptic, but I think there are more pressing issues and hand. When it comes down to it the practical will always trump the philosophical. If I respect a wolf enough to let it into my home, will it respect me enough to not eat my children? Of course not, the nature of nature is brutal and unforgiving, if there is a god and he made this place, he/she certainly didn’t want us to mutually respect everything.

Yes, I agree with you, too.
For my own life I think that I have no time, no right to be pessimistic nor unhappy. Maybe when people improve, animals+nature also will improve as the vibration or energy will be different?

Ah the old energy vibrations… they’ll solve our problems for sure! :smiley:

Can we please try and keep this discussion within the realms of possibility just out of mutual respect for each others intelligence.

No problems here. :alien:

Well, things are pretty “neat” now with meat eating. I mean, you just go to a grocery store and there’s these neatly packaged parts of animals everywhere that you can take home and eat. That’s just cool looking (although somewhat demonic).

That’s allright (I guess). But what if society fell down a bit from it’s current “swan dive platform” apex?

Imagine having to live in a world where you were walking through a field a stumbled upon a cow that had been ripped apart (like a werewolf had attacked it). You might think it was an animal, or a monster that did it. But, sadly it was just a few hillbilly families having a BBQ from their pet cow.

The process of meat gathering and meat consumption is grotesque by definition. It’s really a curse to HAVE to live that way. You should feel sad for the cursed…

The fact that you see humans “at the top” and your phrase lower animals reveals a lot about your view of nature and the world. Nature is our provider and teacher. The other animals are not only our neighbors, but our kin.

obviously preserving life is unnatural and is fucking up the environment on the flip side, but domestication and ranching is equally bad.

Exactly who gave you the right to decide what animals “should” go extinct?

Why not kill chickens? One reason might be that chickens have lives too. They are sentient beings that experience pain, pleasure, wonder, curiosity, and compassion for others.

Please consider reading Jonathan Balcombe’s, “Pleasurable Kingdom” or his follow-up, “Second Nature”.

Why not bother? Yeah we are #1 but, our planet need some balance, if the planet (our home) is unbalanced we are in risk to desappear so, is a matter of survival. Balance is important to keep us alive, and as I know, we don’t have other earth.

If a thing is born, then it’ll die. it’s obvious. All animals on the Earth will become extinct, including human. Why do we try to save the endangered species?
Because human has been changing the nature so fast that the speed of animals’ disappearance is quicker than normal. This lead to the unbalance of ecology, which come back to affect negatively on the mankind. So, we must take action to protect the environment and treat Mother Nature in the right way…

why care about the world? because we can!
we are humans for fucks sake, the most intelligent species here. we understand that the earth is part of us, our ideas believes and thoughts are all due to our enivroment. if you want to only care about #1 than you should get your ass up and save the planet because its part of you as much as your identity is.