Unbelievable onions-- who would have thought

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people, there was a Doctor who visited many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many died.

The doctor came upon one farmer, and to his surprise, everyone in the household was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn’t believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one, and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

This is the other note: LEFTOVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS! Don’t use an onion which has been left in the fridge. Sometimes we don’t use a whole one at one time, so we save the other half for later. We should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion. It’s not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator.It’s already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to us.

Onions are beneficial for the health. You once again did a great job.

Source?

Thanks markwilson… hope my posts helped people…

I’m afraid I don’t know the source of this. This message was only passed to me by my aunt. Do you want me to pass the mail to you? Just give me your email add;)

Well if it’s not got a source I’m not sure what to make of it, not meaning to sound rude but it doesn’t sound believable, it sounds like anecdotal hog wash…

You may give it a try… just give me your email add… I mean no harm promise… I just want to share this to others :slight_smile:

You could always copy and paste the relevant parts here…just a thought.

okidoki;) anyways… can we be friends? can I ask where you from?

I’d rather not give out my contact details on this site yet, but a bit later maybe.

ok… I will wait for that time :wink:

Are you going to copy and paste the relevant parts of the email on here?

I can send the email to you via private message…

Sounds like B.S.

B.S.?

An animal product…

What does that stands for? What is it made from?

B.S. means Bulls*.

I thought it’s some kind of a product, but it seems that it doesn’t sound nice…