This is getting old

This is not much better than the next one: “If someone acts like an egocentrist in a forum, then he is almost certainly a citizen of USA” :slight_smile:

MomoPeach, you claim to be against veganism, and yet, you are posting on a vegan forum. That is rather funny, wouldn’t you say so? For one to take time out of his or her life to search for vegan forums on the internet, register to those forums, and then post in those forums when he or she is clearly against veganism is quite odd. At first, I was not going to respond to this post because you are clearly a closed-minded person hiding behind Christianity to make yourself feel worth while and moral. There is obviously an inner conflict that is driving you to feel threatened by vegans. Could it be guilt? Could it be the fear of change? Only you can answer this, but of course, you will deny caring about vegans. This will not work, however, because you do care about vegans, and you care so much that you will take time out of your day to try to convert them to your lifestyle.

Give what a rest? Give our lifestyle a rest? Excuse me, but what right do you have to tell me or anyone else that it is time for me to “give it a rest”? Are you my god, my mother, or my boss? Are you a person that is of any importance to me? I do not go around telling people to give eating meat a rest. If that is their chosen lifestyle, I accept it and respect it. You want me to act like a “normal human being”? I already am. Everyone is different with different opinions and different beliefs. No one person is a clone of the other. I am living my opinions and beliefs in the same way that you are. Do you have such a large ego that you think you are the judge of what is “normal” and what is not?

“Psychotic issues”? :unamused: Please… Before you start insulting people by suggesting that they have a mental illness, do yourself a favor and actually research mental illnesses. Vegans are of the same mental health as you are. To diagnose someone with psychosis because of their choice of diet is ridiculous in itself. Next you will be calling people psychotic because they prefer peanut butter over jelly. Second of all, why don’t you give something a rest, starting with the health debate. It has been long proven that veganism is beyond healthy. If you do not want to be a vegan, don’t. Get on with your life, and quit making excuses for yourself, which is exactly what you are doing. You don’t have to prove anything to us about why you do not like veganism, unless you are trying to prove something to yourself.

I do not know where you are getting this “making a statement.” I am a vegan because I care deeply about the treatment of animals and could not imagine eating the flesh of a creature. There is a large difference between not sleeping and not contributing to the torture and slaughter of animals. Could your argument sink any lower?

Ah, and we have reached the dead end, haven’t we? No other argument left but do continue the repetitive name calling that you have undergone throughout this entire thread. “Weird, weird, weird, and weird.” Everyone that is unlike you is “weird,” hm? I suppose Jesus was “weird” because perhaps he had brown hair and you have blonde or black? Just maybe your brother and sister are “weird” because they like different music than you? I have bad news for you, MomoPeach. By your definition, the entire world and beyond is “weird.”

My frustration towards you is not only about your view on veganism, it is on how closed-minded you are. The people that irk me the most are the ignorant, vain people like yourself. I can only hope that you some day realize this.

Nice one!

I think MomoPeach’s definition of weird, and ignorance of other cultures, speak volumes.

No need to lose your tempr just because you are weird.

Like my definition of weird is out of the ordinary? My definition of weird is perfectly standard.

Weird:(adjective) Not normal

I was not losing my temper, I was simply expressing my thoughts. I have been aware that I am weird long before you have told me, but thank you for the reminder :toothy7:. Your attempted insults don’t change the way I think, nor will they ever, but you keep on calling me weird if that’s what floats your boat :laughing:.

I thought the point of this thread was that MomoPeach wanted us to quit being vegan? Calling me weird does not constitute a credible reason to quit. I’ve had a lifetime of hideous little girls telling me that I need to copy every little thing they do, or I’ll be “weird.”

Say, Mary-Jane, I’d better bleach my hair, wear Nike trainers, change what subjects I study and kiss some loser, otherwise people might think I’m weird :laughing: Grow up! The world’s a wonderful diverse place!

I agree! Why would anyone want the world to be full of clones? We are humans, not robots.

Some people… and I would say many are just afraid to be different… to be a personality… to stay his own believes.

Some people… and I would say many are just afraid to be different… to be a personality… to stay his own believes.

That’s what being vegetarian is about… being proud of who you are and love the ones that aren’t you clones… or even your race.
:unamused:

What the heck? “Trainers”…just say shoes.

Haha that’s right! You’ve learned that you SHOULD stop trying because it’s never going to work!!

MomoPeach, do you know many vegans that have destroyed their health?

Normal is just a statistical phenomena. It describes the bell-shaped curve that is usually obtained when studying a population’s behaviour. When you talk about “normal,” I think you mean “average.” In any case, it is just a measurement for statistitians, not something to aspire to.

[i]Weird: (Adjective)

1. Having supernatural powers over human destiny (after Shakespeare).
  2. Strange, unusual, bizarre (The second usage may have arisen by people misunderstanding the reference to the “weird sisters” in Shakespeare’s play Macbeth)[/i]

I’ll be the first to admit that veganism is not the most common behaviour (yet?!), but it won’t give you supernatural powers! :notworthy:

Indeed :slight_smile: just looked up the word “weird” in my dictionary:
synonyms I found: supernatural , preternatural , unearthly

Do you think that being vegan is not normal? I don’t think so…