The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

If this is true then why do you continually fail to address my well thought out points and constantly fall back on name calling?

youtube.com/watch?v=qQwNmolBr1w

dragonfly, spamming videos isn’t addressing any of my points at all.

Exactly that!

I’m not sure I follow your logic, Adam: your argument reduces to this: if you can’t do everything in your attempt to live a life that is in alignment with your values, you might as well do nothing. By that logic we should not bother trying to buy products that are fair-trade or not produced in a sweat shop because we will inevitably end up buying something that was not produced in an ethical manner. And if we find out our neighbour is molesting their daughter, we might as well do nothing because there are thousands of other people being molested at this very moment and, ya know, we can’t stop them all.

Interestingly enough, most of the items on your list are ones that may include animal products but there is a cruelty free option available. These are the products that I have personally bought a vegan version of over the last 3 years: pet food, plant food, shampoo/conditioner, wallpaper, imitation eggs, cake mixes, minerals, refined sugar, fertilizer, enzymes, vitamins, instrument strings, cosmetics, brushes, felt, gelatin, flavorings, candies and confectionary, manure, gum, candles, fabric softener, shaving cream, perfume, creams and lotions, paint, lubricants and oils.

I have also been able to avoid taking medications that include animal products, but have taken ones that were likely tested on animals when they were first introduced (which is something I have no control over). Most of the other items I have either refrained from buying or haven’t had the need to buy, but if and when I need to I will choose the vegan version if it is available.

AdamD can you provide reference for each product that supposedly has animal ingredients and is used by vegans?
Because most of the products you listed have vegan versions.

I guess he can’t. This is a simplified version of his logic: animals are used for food, everyone eats food and that means nobody is vegan. Just a typical meat eater who wants to argue because he has nothing else to do.

sure, theres no real way to eliminate EVERY SINGLE thing using animal products from our lives. thats just illogical and pointless. but the point is to eliminate every thing that IS possible. sure, one person being a vegan isn’t going to ever stop the meat/dairy industry, but they will be saving hundreds and thousands of animals lives a year. and to those animals, it DOES matter. if there are, say, only a hundred vegans in the whole world, even then those hundreds and thousands of animals saved by one vegan will turn into a hundred times that number. and there are way more than 100 vegans in the world. so although it would be awesome if we could eliminate every single animal product from our lives and it would be amazing if the meat/dairy/egg industries were shut down, that’s probably not gonna happen. at least not in a really long time. but even though animals are still being killed, the animals that we save by being vegan and doing everything possible to not use animal products, that will be millions of animals saved a year. “to the world, you may be just one person. but to one person, you may be the world.” same for animals. even if only 10 animals were saved a year, it would make a difference for those 10 animals. that would be 10 less animals brutally slaughtered, 10 less animals dying so a few people can satisfy their (disgusting) desire to eat flesh, 10 less animals exploited because of us. and it MATTERS. point made :wink:

Provide me a list of products “used by vegans” as well as their ingredients and I would be happy to let you know whether or not they are actually vegan.

That is so sad that people are still using poor animals for their meaningless purposes.

Yes. that is a very humongous sad statement on the human condition, that is.

Do not feed the troll. :wink:

Reve Electrique gave an excellent answer to your post.

While it may be true that the use of some products containing animal byproducts are unavoidable (if in fact things like bandaids contain them I don’t know!), vegans do not eat or wear anything from an animal.

Also know there are plenty of beauty and household products that are vegan.

I think those that strive, or do, live this kinder and more humane lifestyle should be applauded, not attacked or mocked.

A vegan is someone who does their very best to eliminate as much animal suffering as possible from their lives. This starts out with eliminating meat, eggs, milk and dairy. It continues with getting rid of gelatin, rennet, leather, suede, and wool. Then it changes how you talk to people. You approach them with love and kindness and change how you say things. You realize that pet stores sell slaves not pets. Then you approach people as humans that are just animals, equal to all others.

or so you say. and cosmos you appear to only be able to offer up dull non sequiturs and totally irrelevant, extremely vapid commentary. i shouldn’t have to explain this to anybody. the anti-intellectualism on display here is shocking and comical.

geeze… Adam is a troll first and foremost, so he has no argument to offer. i am not being disrespectful, that is a delusional, “cornfed” and dullminded troll tactic, in and of itself. besides labels are totally useless, as far as analyzing any subject in depth goes. there are a good jumping off point, it is necessary, but childish finger pointing just ain’t the same thing.

Hi,

Thanks the post,

Keep sharing

__

The account of distributors and area of the food can be begin on the Christian Louboutin Web site. A new ladies bazaar has been appointed to accessible in Turkey in 2012.

You had a point. I try to think about it.

Good opinion. It’s your opinion we cannot disagree with that.

Thank you for sharing and letting us know about this.