The Beginning

Hey everyone! I’m planning on starting this vegan diet on Monday and think it is so great that there are so many people out there who are doing this! My goal is to make a meal plan every week to ensure I’m getting all the right nutrients and don’t end up gaining weight (because I have read some posts about that…). I have a personal trainer that I hired about 4 months ago who is sort of going to help me along the way but for the most part she doesn’t believe in a vegan life style so I’m on my own.

So I’ve been on a program where I eat the same thing everyday for a week, then switch it up the next, so if anyone is interested in a healthy vegan diet, I think this meal plan I drew up is pretty freakin awesome :slight_smile:! Especially if you love to exercise like I do :slight_smile:. Just to add in, I’m also hard core training for the military right now, so my protein is almost double of what one would normally intake on a daily basis, so alterations are recommended if you’re not doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio a week, and 3 hours of hard strength training.

This is very basic, hope it helps!

Breakfast
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
1 banana

Mid-Morning Snack
2 cups celery
2 tbsp PB

Lunch
2 cups Kale
3 tbsp Hemp Hearts
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup radish
3 dates

Mid-Afternoon Snack
1/2 cup of Roasted Red Lentil Snack Mix

Supper
Black Bean Burger
1 cup Bok Choy
1/2 mushrooms
2 tbsp shallots

Evening Snack
1 cup green grapes
14 almonds

Nutrition Facts: The Grand Totals of the nutrients you will get once eating all these foods.

Calories: 1754.7
Fat: 62.8
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 1166
Carbohydrates: 250
Fibre: 52.3
Sugar: 68.26
Protein: 71.51

If you’re interested in trying this meal plan out and need the recipes for the bean burgers and the lentils, just post a reply :slight_smile:!

Go Vegan! xo