Ryan Brags About Being a Catholic Hunter

I have just sent Congressman Paul Ryan the following fax indicating his pro-life position (while enjoying killing of animals through hunting) is a farce and even a disgrace to the Catholic Church:

"Mr. Paul Ryan
U. S. House of Representatives
Washington, D. C.

"Dear Mr. Ryan:

"You have done the Catholic Church a grave injustice by bragging you are a “Catholic hunter” You make it appear it is Catholic doctrine that mandates all Catholics must approve hunting or be hunters.

"By such a statement you will turn off many younger people from the Church who have a greater appreciation of all sentient life forms as did that great Catholic saint Francis of Assisi (a favorite among many Protestants) who saw God’s great love for ALL His creation, something that sadly too many Christians of today do not see.

"I have a hard time understanding how any Christian can enjoy killing any animal or enjoy killing period, when God’s commandment says, “Thou Shalt Not Kill” I believe that commandment was deliberately written that way to show God does not enjoy killing anything for He is not a god of death but a God of Life and it is one of Jesus’ titles “Prince of Life”.

"In fact Jesus Christ died for all creation so that through the shedding of that blood all things both in heaven and earth SHALL BE RECONCILED UNTO HIM!

"God realizes the suffering He inflicted on creation through the curse and makes up for through the great sacrificial feast in that great battle of Armageddon when millions of bodies will be piled up high when He calls the birds of air and beast of the fields to come and eat the bodies of these men and drink their blood in this great sacrificial feast which I have prepared for you.

"God considers His creation so important that He will sign a covenant with them, even including the so called despised snake to end their fear of man and once again be a friend to man.

"He finally ends all killing when He turns all weapons of war into plow shares and pruning hooks saying there shall be no more harm in all My Holy Mountain. Animals will once again be vegetarian and strong indication man will also be one.

"God never intended killing to take place and only as a result of sin did He allow it, but when the promoter of sin, the devil, is removed from power He ends it once and for all

"Whether you realize it or not killing or abusing animals makes one more prone to killing and abusing human life also as many FBI and psychological studies prove. Therefore any action that encourages killing should be viewed as a morally intrinsic evil, particularly when such acts encourage the breaking of the law, i.e., destruction of property, drunkenness resulting in forest fires, killing of innocent life be it other animals or humans. Unfortunately hunting results in such sinful behavior much too often.

"Mr. Ryan you don’t know what it is to be totally pro-life as St. Francis, John Muir, Albert Schweitzer and I are. I will not even kill a Black Widow or Copperhead Snake as I have found they are not deliberately aggressive. Oh yes I also am against abortion be it in a human or animal. I also oppose euthanasia upon humans or animals. I do not even support the death penalty–thou shalt not kill constantly rings in my ears, not even Adolph Hitler could I kill as I take that Commandment literally in everything I do.

“Therefore, stop bragging about how pro-life you are because your life is a LIVING LIE. You have no idea how sacred ALL LIFE REALLY IS AND HOW MUCH GOD VALUES THE WORK OF HIS CREATION–EVEN TO SEND HIS SON TO DIE FOR ITS REDEMPTION! SINCE YOUR PRO-LIFE STAND DOES NOT MEET MY CRITERIA OF HIGH STANDARDS, I WILL NOT VOTE THE ROMNEY-PAUL TICKET THIS ELECTION.”

It is indeed so unfortunate that too many Christians don’t realize how sacred and important all God’s creation is. How will they ever be able to accept the fact they will have to love in the new Kingdom the creatures they hate and kill so much today when lions, snakes, insects all come up to us to receive our love, i.e., the lion lying down with the love, and the child shall play with viper and not be harmed.