Pope is warned of a green Antichrist

OK, I’m not normally a Times reader, but they’ve had a few interesting articles lately: This one really raised my eye-brows. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

I thought this would be an interesting topic, especially for those christian vegans on the site. :smiley:

Since when goodness and beauty are absolute values? :laughing:
Even truth isn’t absolute, imho

I’m speechless . . .

This is funny! :faroah:

I always thought that the essence of Christianity is pacifism.
I have also read that first Christians were vegetarians. Apostle James the brother of Jesus was vegetarian from his birth, he was not even wearing clothes from wool, and believed:

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can such faith save him? …You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only…? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” (James 2:14, 24, 26)

The writer of Gospel of Paul which is widely accepted in the modern Christianity and that writes in his gospel that killing animals for food is ok, has never seen Jesus while he was alive and preaching. So in my personal opinion his gospel became more popular only because it was more convenient to the ancient romans.

LOL that article’s weird…
I’m a Christian vegan, and in church they always tell us that in paradise people didn’t eat animals, and in heaven they won’t. I really don’t get the point of eating it now. Anyone know?

I don’t know how to react… This is so confusing…