Hey everyone!

I’ve kinda done it the wrong way round (posting in the other forums before introducing myself) <<== I wasn’t being rude intentionally! :smiley:

Anywho… I was veggie for nearly five years then made the switch to veganism just over a year ago. I found the transition really easy & didn’t miss much (even chocolate! :laughing:). It’s not too hard being vegan in the UK, there are plenty of vegan products to get you by & a lot of restaurants are happy to accommodate (90% of the time you do have to explain to them what a vegan actually is - but they get maximum points for effort!). I suppose it also helps that i love cooking - made a really nice “shephards pie” the other night!

Take care!

xDDx

90% of time?
Really? I thought UK should be more advanced in this sense. In Dubai I had to explain it in 100% of cases. And there were big problems because people working there not always spoke good English.

Well i might have exaggerated… slightly! :blush: <<== found the blushing smiley! :laughing:

But seriously… they don’t alway’s know exactly what a vegan is! but admittidly it’s usually the foreign people who live in England :smiley: We went for a meal @ xmas to a French restaurant & when i explained what i couldn’t eat the chef asked - what can you eat? :unamused: But he was willing to rustle me up a special something & it was very nice in the end! :slight_smile:

xDDx

Do you have vegan restaurants over there?

Yeah, there are quite a few vegan restaurants over here & also veggie restaurants with many vegan choices!

Sadly they tend to be confined to the big cities, like London (i’m out in the sticks) - I checked out a great vegan chinese “all you can eat for a fiver” buffet restaurant just before xmas… It was great! … very nearly had to undo the top button on my jeans - I was THAT full! :laughing:

Cheerio!

:blob3:

I have to admit I’ve never visited a pure vegan restaurant in my life. I haven’t even seen one. :frowning:

Dolly, did you notice how funny our avatars are combined? :wink:

Hey i am ruchika from India. I have been a vegetarian since birth. Currently i am living in New York and i find it kind of easy to get vegetarian food here. I already did post in a few forums before i found this one(sorry about that) Well its nice to see that there are plently of like minded people in this world. :smiley:

Hey Rshar,
What is ruchika?

Hi
Ruchika is my name, it means longing or desire and it also means beautiful(well i am not beautiful)

Hello Ruchika.
Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Hi
Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

wazzuuuuuuuuup!!! :slight_smile:

Andy`ba … we have somewere near us some veggies restaurant ?