What do you think about making a new vegan holiday where all vegans will treat their neighbors with vegan foods.
It will fulfill 2 objectives:
- To let people know vegan food, how it taste, what variations are etc.
- To help vegans be more social.
What do you think about this idea?
I just found out that it is National Vegetarian Week!
- it seems to be in the UK only
- it is VERY poorly advertised. The only activity in my area is my local health food shop offering some free samples And I only found that out from the website!
Also, it is sponsored by Cauldron Foods. I know that only a couple of their products are vegan: everything else contains egg or milk powder…
On the good side:
- I will get free chocolate when I go shopping
- In other areas there are more activities: I read that a primary school is having a day where the children discuss being vegetarian, and try vegetarian food (I am surprised they are allowed to do this - my school taught us that vegetarians were unhealthy ). Some restaurants are serving discounted vegetarian meals too.