1 cup millet, cooked (will make 2 cups cooked)
- 2 beets, grated (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Rinse the millet with water, drain, add 2 parts water for every 1 part millet. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt in the water, bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes, then turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Millet is fully cooked when it is dry and fluffy. Do not stir the millet while it is cooking.
- Mix the millet and grated beet together in a large bowl. Add the mint and salt, and stir to combine. Pour the sesame oil over the mixture, and stir through. You may want to use your hands at this point.
- Form the mixture into patties, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes at about 350 degrees F in a preheated oven.