"Milk" Cookies (with variations) Recipe

Ingredients This is a rough idea, you can play around with the quantities until you have the cookie dough consistancy you like.

2 cups of unbleached SR flour
3/4 cup “milk” (soy milk)
6 Tbspns vegan margarine

Variations

Jam drops:
dollop with 100% fruit preserve (nice sweet treat with no refined sugar)

Sugar-free:
add Stevia powder (see packet for quantity)

Choc-chip:
top with vegan choc chips

Sweet cookies:
Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup castor sugar

Cherry / Fruit:
Top with a glace’cherry, or other dried fruit of choice.
Instructions Sift flour into bowl. Mix in butter until it is a crumbly consistancy. Add “milk” slowly, until you have a good cookie dough, should come away from the sides of the bowl easily.

If you are a bit fancy, you can roll it out and make cool shapes with random objects you have lying around. If you are lazy like me, then don’t bother and take a bit of the cookie dough (about he size of a small golf ball) and slap it on the tray (use grease proof paper) and squash it a little with a fork…then add your bit of a variation, or just cook them as they are.

Place in a pre-heated oven at 210 for around 15 minutes. Keep an eye that the bottoms don’t burn and check them at 10 minutes.

Cool on cooling rack to avoid them going soggy.

Yummo.

Best dipped in Tea or coffee : P

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cookies will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.