Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

Please try to refrain from name calling dragonfly.

I’m not saying what the guy did was the right thing to do, in fact it was a very stupid thing to do. However using sweeping generalizations like “there was no earthly reason” is just inviting me to poke holes in the statement. What right do you have to call the man sub-human? All you know about this man is that he shot a parrot, for all we know he could have been abused as a child causing his violent tenancies, or maybe he just got back from donating one of his kidneys to a hospital. We don’t know so it’s not our place to judge.

All that I’m saying is that you shouldn’t judge the man so harshly, and that he does not deserve jail time or any criminal charges. A large fine being sent to an animal rights foundation would be fitting accompanied by a lot of counseling.

As for the parrot being smart and sociable, they can repeat words they hear and can occasionally solve puzzles when trained. Big whoop, I’d like to see one design a building or run a coherent society. Plus if the thing is so damn social and smart why did it annoy the guy enough for him to shoot it?

adam you are a spineless macaroon and don’t belong on a vegan forum spewing your meatard philosophy and idiotic insights. geeze.

Meatard! I’m not much for name calling, but that’s funny.

i understand it’s poor form alright, but he is just spewing incoherent and idiotic insults here, poinntless commentary, behaving much as a drunken troll would.

dragonfly, I see you cannot actually reply to my comment so you resort to yet more name calling.

Either respond to my comments in a way that goes beyond calling me a “drunken troll” or kindly concede the debate.