* 8 cups almonds. finely ground * 4 cup oats. finely ground, or oat flour * pinch fine sea salt * ½ cup brown rice syrup * 1 cup coconut oil
* 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen * 4 cups unsweetened rice milk * 1 cup maple syrup * 2 cups unsweetened rice milk * pinch fine sea salt * 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed * 1 ½ Tbsp agar powder * 2 ½ Tbsp arrowroot powder * Lemon zest
- Mix almonds, oats and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the ingredients. In the well, put the brown rice syrup and oil, combining these two ingredients together first. Then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until all are thoroughly mixed together. The brown rice syrup can be very sticky, so it may take a few minutes to work all of the ingredients together.
- When this is done, grab a handful of the mixture in your hand and squeeze it together; the dough should be sticky enough to hold its form, but still fairly crumbly. If it does not loosely hold its shape, continue to add another tablespoon or two of oil as needed until you reach the proper consistency. Press dough into an oiled 9-inch pie plate or brownie pan. Place the pie plate with dough into a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes. Rotate the pie plate a half turn then place back in oven for another 15 minutes. The edges will be golden when finished.
- In a small saucepan, combine 4 cups of rice milk and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and reduce to low simmer, stirring occasionally. In a separate small bowl or cup, combine remaining 2 cups rice milk, lemon juice, salt, agar powder, arrowroot and lemon rind. Mix together thoroughly to ensure that powders are dissolved.
- Pour this mixture into the pot with the rice milk and maple syrup and whisk all ingredients together for several minutes as it begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Place rinsed blueberries into prebaked and cooled pie crust, then pour the hot mixture over the blueberries until the pie is full. Place the pie in the refrigerator until it sets.